Construction Assistant PM - Interiors Purchasing Admin
- McMinnville, OR
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior living. We want to move the needle, make it better, and make a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and each other. We spend a significant part of our lives in our “job” so let’s make that time count.
Because our residents deserve the best, you will be held to a high standard for quality and customer service.
This position will be responsible for providing project coordination and administrative assistance to support for our Design and Development team. This team spans our remodel, new construction and CapEx Project Managers. Overall duties encompass the need to multitask between projects in a fast paced environment. Primary duties will be focused on procurement and purchasing for the project managers so they can deliver projects timely. The following are essential functions of the position:
- Communicate and follow up with stakeholders about specific projects and project objectives.
- Work with Project Managers, to organize and direct activities concerned with senior housing construction projects.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners, Project Managers, Community Executive Directors and other key contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Proactively communicate with site managers about delays and any other issues.
- Generate and track Purchase Orders based on services rendered and in coordination with the Project Manager and/or CapEx Manager.
- Monitors projects with supervisors direction to help ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Visit project sites to evaluate progress and to respond to community concerns or questions.
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors for procurement of various project materials.
- Work with Project Managers to track financial requirements of contracts.
- Protect company’s interest while maintaining a good relationship with the customer.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Scan and archive digital blueprints and schematics for future access.
- Manage digital and hard copy filing systems.
- Create digital O&M and FF&E manuals.
- Work with CapEx Manager and in-house crews on specified projects as requested.
- Utilize communication and tracking tools to ensure schedule, scope and project deliverables are met.
- Utilizes management systems as posted on company electronic network.
- Construction administration including compilation and distribution of bidding documents to contractors and vendors.
- Project administration including coordination of submittals, RFI’s, Change Order Requests and other construction specific documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- Excellent Communication, accounting and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Project Management software
- Courteous and professional interactions with vendors, residents, families, employees a must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.