- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Scarlet is set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and is 1 of 2 hotels in the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, they are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
Imagine views of cliff, sea and sky at every moment…. light airy spaces designed to connect you to the outdoors. It’s hard to describe the unique atmosphere of the Scarlet.
Think of being cared for like you would be in the house of a friend along with many spaces to unwind, our bar, meadow gardens and cliff top hot tubs, an Ayurvedic inspired spa, relaxation lounges, fireside, and restaurant.
Bar Host is what we call our bar staff as this reflects what the role needs to do, which is to be a host to our guests. If you have a passion for all things bar related and a genuine desire to deliver a wonderful guest experience, then Bar Host is for you.
As part of the bar team you will be responsible for:
- Creating drinks that you are proud to serve
- Enhancing our guest experience
- Barista coffee - hot drinks are also important!
- Maintaining and operating our well-oiled bar
- Being passionate and knowledgeable about all drinks
We are looking for a bartender who has character, is knowledgeable, kind, caring and fun loving.
The right person will be extensively trained to become one of our Bar Specialists; you’ll learn about our food and drink menus as well as the Scarlet culture and a whole lot more!
What’s in it for you?
- £9.50 per hour plus tips
- Up to 40 hours per week (including days, evenings and weekends)
- 28 days holiday per year (29 after 1 year)
- A team based and highly supportive work family
- Discounted services at The Scarlet and Bedruthan
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.