Chef De Partie
- Tredragon Rd, Mawgan Porth, Newquay TR8, UK
Scarlet is set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and is 1 of 2 hotels in the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, they are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
The Scarlet was opened in 2009, a groundbreaking design built to the highest eco standards. Both the interior and exterior design of the Scarlet embraces the building’s stunning cliff top location and reflects its natural environment through the sensuous use of materials and design.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
We are recruiting for a passionate, experienced chefs to join an established team pushing our food offer to the next level.
We offer an engaging, structured kitchen environment that drives creativity and development. We work straight shifts only covering breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner as well as a small function trade.
Our menus and creations are inspired by the seasons and our specialist Cornish growers, farmers and fisherman. The roles will provide the professional delivery of these menus.
You must be well presented, articulate and driven and have a natural tendency to do everything to the best of your ability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Correct portion control and amount of “mise en place” are prepared and set up for service
- Food is prepared and cooked to agreed standards
- Assist with maintaining regular stock taking, rotation and daily checks on food products in stock
- Managing a section at 2 AA Rosette level
- Helping to evolve and contributing to a safe working culture
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional kitchen is required for this role , and we will continue to provide training for you to develop further and expand your skills.
- £10.00 per hour (salary £23,400)
- Permanent contract of 45 hours per week (including days/evenings and weekends)
- 28 days holiday / 29 after 1 year
- Discounts on hotel services and products at Bedruthan and the Scarlet
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.