Food and Beverage Host
- Tredragon Rd, Newquay TR8, UK
Scarlet is set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and is 1 of 2 hotels in the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, they are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
The Scarlet was opened in 2009, a groundbreaking design built to the highest eco standards. Both the interior and exterior design of the Scarlet embraces the building’s stunning cliff top location and reflects its natural environment through the sensuous use of materials and design.
We are looking for are people who are confident, friendly and want to learn and develop their skills, whilst continually providing amazing customer service. You will fit in well with a like-minded team who are charming and full of smiles even at the busiest times.
Our philosophy is that everyone who comes to Scarlett and Bedruthan is coming to our house; we want to get them a drink as quickly as possible and then serve them a good meal before bidding them a fond farewell.
You will be responsible for:
- Food and drink service throughout the day within the hotel
- Ensuring allocated sections are stocked, maintained and kept clean and tidy throughout service
- Product knowledge and upselling
- Preparing appropriate items for service.
- Delivering room service
- Learning and understanding the daily menus
Our Restaurant Hosts have a warm, friendly, caring nature and can confidently talk with our guests so that they have a fantastic memorable Scarlet experience. You need to be able to keep calm under pressure, be a capable problem solver and have an excellent eye for detail.
Excellent written and verbal English together with numeracy and basic computer skills are essential for this role. We can provide training to the right person although previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
In return we offer the following rewards and benefits:
- £8.75 per hour
- Up to 40 hours per week (8 week temporary contract)
- Relocation temporary accommodation available
- 28 days holiday pro rota
- Free use of swimming pool and tennis court
- Access to gym
- Discounts on services and products at Red Hotels.
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.