Bar and Wine Specialist
- Tredragon Road, Mawgan Porth, Newquay, Cornwall, gb
Scarlet is set into the clifftop above Mawgan Porth beach in North Cornwall and is 1 of 2 hotels in the group, Red Hotels. Owned by the same family, they are committed to sustainably offering guests luxurious experiences that don’t cost the earth.
The Scarlet was opened in 2009, a groundbreaking design built to the highest eco standards. Both the interior and exterior design of the Scarlet embraces the building’s stunning cliff top location and reflects its natural environment through the sensuous use of materials and design.
Our ethos is to take a truly holistic view, treating each guest as an individual, caring for and nurturing our staff and our environment so that everything we do contributes to the wider wellbeing of our planet, our customers and our team.
Bar and Wine Specialist
Do you have a passion for all things bar related and a genuine desire to deliver a wonderful guest experience?
As part of the bar team you will be responsible for:
- Creating drinks that you are proud to serve
- Knowledgeable wine flights
- Enhancing our guest experience
- Barista coffee - hot drinks are also important!
- Maintaining and operating our well-oiled bar
- Being passionate and knowledgeable about all drinks
You’ll learn about our food and drink menus as well as the Scarlet culture and a whole lot more!
We are looking for someone who has charisma, is self-motivated with a flexible attitude and fantastic communication skills, is kind, caring and fun loving. Similar previous experience is preferable.
You will need Barista and cocktail experience and a WSET L2 or above qualification or equivalent.
What’s in it for you?
- £8.50 per hour (£8.75 after probation)
- Paid training – adventures and commitment to your professional development
- 28 days holiday per year (29 after 1 year)
- Free food whilst on duty
- Discounts on hotel services and products
- A team based and highly supportive work family
- Extensive food and beverage development and training with excellent career progression
- Certified training schemes and programmes
Many more perks after probation and for long service
Wish you were here? Use the “apply” link to upload your CV and in your covering letter (message to the hiring manager) let us know your answers to:
1. Describe your most memorable wine, why was it special and where did you drink it?
2. What should we be selling in 2019 to enhance our offering and how would you sell it to our customers?
You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 March 2019
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.