Senior Communications Manager
- Washington, DC
The Rock Creek Group is a leading, highly respected global investment and advisory firm that provides our investors with solutions to achieve their return and risk objectives. We are trusted by endowments, foundations, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors to preserve and expand their assets, which support retired people and future generations, as well as revered charitable institutions, universities and colleges.
Rock Creek grounds our service to clients on a culture of strong strategic partnership and rigorous process, and also on an advanced analytic platform of our own design – Rock Creek Solutions – that facilitates successful and well-documented investment decisions. Our team members have a long history of investing in traditional and alternative asset classes. Rock Creek is a leader in identifying new talent among emerging managers. We have substantial experience over our careers investing in emerging and frontier markets since the 1980’s. In close collaboration with clients, Rock Creek constructs portfolios to meet their specific requirements that incorporate both top-down asset allocation judgments and careful selection of investments.
With decades of financial market experience, the Rock Creek team brings to these decisions the broad perspective of globally diverse professionals trained in major investment-related fields. Our team is dedicated to our clients and the discipline of investing and we share a deep conviction that able, energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
Investors need deep global and diversified talent and experience behind their investments. Our team has extensive experience in a broad array of investment disciplines: portfolio construction, asset management, due diligence, risk management, compliance, trading, operations, information systems, theoretical and applied mathematics, physics, law and economics. We come from all over the world, and we are proud of our diversity in national origin, gender, culture, and life experience. We share a deep conviction that able, energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
We strongly value openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. Many of our colleagues have been CIOs, investment team professionals, and board and investment committee members of foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. We are all keenly sensitive to the complexities and needs of institutional investors and to the importance of accountability, responsibility, and governance.
The Role in Brief:
The Rock Creek Group is seeking a Senior Communication and Brand Strategist to help drive our internal and external communications. This individual will be in charge of developing our brand through website content, social media presence, public relations opportunities and client communications. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Senior Communication and Brand Strategist will be responsible for creating and promoting compelling content and thought leadership for our sophisticated internal and external consumers.
• Support senior leadership team with writing, content, and research needs
• Analyze emerging trends across the asset management industry, and persuasively write about relevant business insights
• Design messaging around key initiatives, offerings, and platforms -- including vision and identity for business lines, products, and partnerships
• Collaborate with other departments – including Business Development, Client Services, Legal, Technology and Human Resources– to coordinate on strategic programs and design messaging around them
• Develop high-profile presentations to internal stakeholders and external partners around new initiatives, partnerships, products, and strategy
• Leverage key events and identifying sponsorships to position Rock Creek and its leaders as thought leaders in the industry
• Drive communications to engage and inform employees within the business, including leader communications, town halls, presentations and events. Promote relevant industry specific news and information through companywide communication channels such as the Intranet, email newsletters, staff meetings, etc.
• Drive a comprehensive, proactive media relations program in support of the company’s socially responsible investment philosophy and strategy
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of asset management and/or financial services required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to understand and translate complex issues
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Deep experience with both traditional and social media
• Flexibility to operate in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and situations
• Ability to anticipate the needs of the business, and establish credibility with senior managers and their teams
• Ability to work with, influence, and coach senior executives
• Ability to assess and interpret facts and to develop and synthesize key messages into storylines and written materials
• Experience working with and influencing senior leaders and business partners by providing guidance and direction on public relations and communications
• Experience as a journalist preferred
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, The Rock Creek Group offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages