Senior Full Stack Engineer
- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing to generate long-term value. We believe sustainability and inclusion generate superior performance. We have stable and long-term partnerships with our clients and companies and attract the best mission-oriented team. Sustainable investing extends throughout our investments, our diverse team and culture, our office environment, operations, and travel.
RockCreek seeks a Senior Full-stack Engineer to lead the hands-on development of our growing set of cloud-based tools and applications, including user interaction with our data store. The Senior Full-stack Engineer is a key role that will deliver critical front-end applications and strongly influence RockCreek’s engineering future, including architecture and technology choices for front-end applications.
The Senior Full-stack Engineer will:
- Produce code and shape decisions based upon personal experience and informed by industry best practices
- Engage in all aspects of design and engineering, following designer-supplied wireframes, HTML, and CSS through to implementation and deployment
- Engage daily in the architecture of multiple applications across several platforms, ranging from SQL and NoSQL databases to web- and API-based applications
- Interact with the RockCreek AWS estate, from starting and stopping instances, configuring AWS managed services, recommending technologies, and optimizing performance and costs of all cloud-hosted resources
- Collaborate closely with technology team and non-technology users, translating user needs to requirements, priorities, release schedules and code
- Communicate frequently with the engineering team and application users, both in writing and verbally
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent resisdent. We cannot entertain visa sponsorship at this time.
- Previous experience building applications production-ready and performant React-based front-ends and applications using Node.js
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, software engineering, or similar, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience as a front-end or full-stack engineer, including daily coding and application development in an Agile environment, with daily standups and ticketing
- Experience using containers and deploying via continuous integration and continuous deployment tools in AWS, including:
- RDS (preferably PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- Experience writing user and integration tests and using continuous integration systems to automate tests as part of a version management system and process
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
- Past application development using React and/or Vue.js, preferably in the context of single-page applications
- Practical experience with any of the following technologies and services:
- Ruby on Rails,
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. We believe sustainability and diversity generate superior performance by investing in long term value. We have stable and long‐term partnerships with our clients and companies and attract the best mission‐oriented team. Sustainable investing extends throughout our investments, our diverse team and culture, our office environment, operations and travel.
Since our founding, RockCreek’s commitment to sustainable investing, long term value creation, and good governance has begun at home. We believe RockCreek’s entrepreneurial spirit, open culture, and diverse team lead to better investments on behalf of the universities, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds that partner with us. The way we operate our offices, procure services, and partner with stakeholders are all in keeping with our aim to have a positive impact on markets globally and reduce our carbon footprint. This strong stable culture values diversity and inclusion as well as a commitment to investing responsibly for long term returns. RockCreek is among the largest woman-founded firms in the world. Its founders have a deep commitment to sustainability as well as long experience with sustainable impact investing and ESG policies that date back to 1980s. This includes investing in energy, health, technology and financial inclusion.
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.