Senior Data Architect
- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing to generate long-term value. We believe sustainability and inclusion generate superior performance. We have stable and long-term partnerships with our clients and companies and attract the best mission-oriented team. Sustainable investing extends throughout our investments, our diverse team and culture, our office environment, operations, and travel.
RockCreek seeks an experienced Database Architect for a pivotal role in our digital transformation journey. Partnering with senior leaders throughout the organization, you will design and build a new data lake to combine various data stores.
The successful applicant has proven success with architecting massive data projects across a diverse technology portfolio. They possess expert knowledge of multiple SQL and NoSQL database technologies and deep experience of using them across diverse problem areas. They are equally comfortable in high-level business discussions as well as debating low-level technical details.
- Proven success in building data lakes and data warehouses
- Significant experience in architecting large-scale data projects
- Experience of multiple technologies, including PostgreSQL, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Experience using containers and deploying via continuous integration and continuous deployment tools in AWS, including:
- RDS (preferably PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- CloudFormation templates
- Successful track record of influencing and partnering with senior leaders and technologists to ensure project success
- World-class data design and architecture skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with investment applications and the investment or financial industry
- Practical experience with any of the following technologies and services:
- API Gateway
- Step Functions
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon Redshift
- AWS Glue
- AWS Step Functions
- Amazon Redshift
- AWS or Google Cloud certification (especially the Certified Solutions Architect track in AWS)
- Passion for data science and analytics
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. We believe sustainability and diversity generate superior performance by investing in long term value. We have stable and long‐term partnerships with our clients and companies and attract the best mission‐oriented team. Sustainable investing extends throughout our investments, our diverse team and culture, our office environment, operations and travel.
Since our founding, RockCreek’s commitment to sustainable investing, long term value creation, and good governance has begun at home. We believe RockCreek’s entrepreneurial spirit, open culture, and diverse team lead to better investments on behalf of the universities, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds that partner with us. The way we operate our offices, procure services, and partner with stakeholders are all in keeping with our aim to have a positive impact on markets globally and reduce our carbon footprint. This strong stable culture values diversity and inclusion as well as a commitment to investing responsibly for long term returns. RockCreek is among the largest woman-founded firms in the world. Its founders have a deep commitment to sustainability as well as long experience with sustainable impact investing and ESG policies that date back to 1980s. This includes investing in energy, health, technology and financial inclusion.
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.