Assistant General Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and be a part of Mecca in our Brierly Hill venue.
As you will know Mecca is a leading operator of bingo clubs in the UK and our venues offer amazing great-value food, drink and live entertainment.
Join us now for the chance to be part of an amazing team and be responsible for providing our customers with a memorable experience!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay - £31,000 per annum
- Paid breaks
- Industry-leading Employee Rewards platform. Enjoy savings on travel, restaurants, shopping and more!
- 50% discount across food and soft drinks to enjoy with up to three friends (across Grosvenor too!)
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to in-venue Mental Health First Aiders
Our Assistant General Managers are trained to be able to perform all the roles necessary to look after our wonderful Mecca customers and team. We are looking for fun, adaptable, caring and hardworking people to join our team. We want cheeky, chatty, genuine people to work in our clubs who are committed to providing service that makes people feel so welcome it’s like being part of the family.
This is an exciting role for someone who has experience of working within a large venue, with a focus on driving forward a successful food & beverage offering. You will manage all aspects of the food and beverage operation within the venue, taking ownership of all bar and restaurant operations regarding food and beverage as part of a team that is passionately committed to providing a fun and memorable night out for our guests.
Your adaptability will mean than you can get along with different people and work across all sections of the venue. You like to work hard and enjoy listening to our customers to find ways you can make their visit special. You are friendly with a smile that’s always on and committed to making our venues a place for fun and excitement.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be the General Managers partner in delivering consistent standards and results. You will be responsible for team engagement, customer experiences, generating revenue and converting this revenue to profit. You will be a confident communicator able to mentor, coach and engage the team to achieve results.
You will be a natural fit for our STARS values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions and the behaviors that help bring excitement and entertainment to the customers and communities we serve.
- Your attitude is more important than experience, we are looking for people who love looking after customers, are fun, adaptable, caring and hardworking who will fit into a cheeky chatty environment
- Leading F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Managing food and beverage operations within budget and to the highest standards
- Good communication skills
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in managing a business or a department
- A smile for everyone