Poker Dealer (PIER NINE)
- 9 Grand Jct Rd, Brighton BN1 1PP, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s Premier leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Find out all about our unique venue by visiting pierninebrighton.com
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Pier Nine is open 24hrs per day, therefore applicants will often be required to work evenings & into the night-time, during weekdays and at weekends. We can consider your availability in line with our business needs, but this is not your average 9-5 and we are looking for Team to work flexibly, to meet the needs of our customers.
No experience is necessary, as we will train you to deliver the best experience in town.
Dealing a successful and entertaining poker game is more about people than cards. Yes you will deal both tournament and cash games in an efficient precise way, but more than that you will be entertaining the players at that table.
You’ll need to know the rules and provide a professionally dealt game of poker, be efficient and precise, but the trick is doing all of this with style in a way that makes for a memorable guest experience.
- Welcome customers warmly in to the business
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Work with your colleagues to provide efficient and dynamic service
- Deliver an excellent quality experience by evaluating individual needs and acting upon this information
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and card room supervisor
- Create an environment of community and fun
- Show immaculate technical standards in dealing, chips skills, bet calculation and enforcing the rules of the game.
- Interact with customers in a range of ways that is consistent with their experience and ability in the game
- Maintain the security of the game, cash and assets
- Ensure you proactively comply with all regulation, particularly for licensing conditions, and safer gambling
- Positive attitude
- Experience of working successfully in a hospitality role
- Previous experience working as a poker dealer (Preferred)
- Fanatical about delivering unrivalled customer experience
- Ability to collaborate with the wider business
- Comfortable with change and ability to embrace new ways of working
- Good interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Must be able to work shifts at any time of the day, including weekends and bank holidays.
💰 No experience £10.00 per hour + TIPS
💰 Experienced Dealer £10.20 per hour + TIPS
💷 Overnight Premium rate - £1 extra per hour
🎁 Rewards and benefits platform
🍕 🍻 50% staff discount
⌛ 40hr working week (or Part-Time working if desired)
☕ Paid Breaks
🎰 Industry leading training
💼 Enviable Career advancement opportunities
🏖 A spectacular place to work, right by the seaside
👬 An amazing set of colleagues, who will become friends for life!!