Casino Cashier - £11.00p/h
- 9 Grand Jct Rd, Brighton BN1 1PP, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s Premier leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Find out all about our unique venue by visiting pierninebrighton.com
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Pier Nine is open 24hrs per day, therefore applicants will often be required to work evenings & into the night-time, during weekdays and at weekends. We can consider your availability in line with our business needs, but this is not your average 9-5 and we are looking for Team to work flexibly, to meet the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Cashier to be entrusted with the finances of the club, correctly accounting for all transactions whilst complying with all gambling regulations and protecting the reputation of the company by adhering to its policies. You will go through a detailed training program designed by the Head Cashier, to equip you with the skills to work as part of a high performing Team.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Acknowledge, welcome and assist customers at the Cash Desk
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Collaborate and work as part of the cash desk and wider casino team
- To comply with all company procedures as required by the cash desk procedures
- To comply with the Gambling Act, its regulations and Gambling Commission licensing conditions and codes of practice.
- Where appropriate, recommend additional products and services, aimed at providing a excellent customer experience.
- Maintain thorough records and accounts of all operations in the cash desk
- Comply with our Safer Gambling and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
- Reports to the Head Cashier
💰 £11.00 per hour + TIPS
💷 Overnight Premium rate - £1 extra per hour
🎁 Rewards and benefits platform
🍕 🍻 50% staff discount
⌛ 40hr working week (or Part-Time working if desired)
☕ Paid Breaks
🎰 Industry leading training
💼 Enviable Career advancement opportunities
🏖 A spectacular place to work, right by the seaside
👬 An amazing set of colleagues, who will become friends for life!!
- Applicants should be a current holder of PFL, issued by the UK Gambling Commission (Required)
- Numeracy skills, ability to account for and manage large sums of cash
- Experience in a cashier or accounts role (preferred)
- Understanding or willingness to learn legislation related to the cash desk function, that would be sufficient to pass a competency test
- Must be motivated and self-driven to constantly enhance skills and adapt to changes in procedure / legislation.
- Must be able to work shifts at any time of the day, including weekends and bank holidays.
If you do not have a current PFL issued by the UK Gambling Commission, we are still interested to hear from you! For the right person, bringing the right attitude, we will pay for the license on your behalf.