Bingo Caller /Entertainment Host
Mecca is a leading operator of bingo clubs in the UK and our venues offer great-value food, drink and live entertainment. We aim to provide exciting gaming experiences for our customers in a safe and fun environment.
We are so sure you will love it here that we insist anyone thinking about joining us can visit Mecca as a customer and ‘try out’ being a team member. In this way, you get a chance to appreciate the unique experience of working at Mecca.
We know how valuable the right people are so once you have joined the team we want you to stay. We have a clear career path and great training to help you reach your potential and stay with us to build an exciting career in entertainment.
Mecca Callers are the heartbeat of the venue. Naturally controlling the hall or event space to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Professionally present the bingo in an inclusive manner ensuring that the experience is stress free for all our guests
- To be responsible for all events from beginning to end
- To present the bingo in a warm clear manner, ensuring varied intonation and peaks and troughs as appropriate to your audience
- To present bingo and events in a fun and engaging way
- Excellent product knowledge on the specifics of each individual game to ensure consistency across the estate
- To prepare all event content, games, prizes and equipment ahead of the event.
- Fully brief the venue teams with timings and plans for events and entertainment, ensuring the venue teams are aware of their role and responsibilities
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our entertainment delivery
- Support, coach, and develop the team to deliver the very best events
- Play a lead role within the calling team and Team Members before, during and after events
- Build good working relationships with the floor team and ensure you interact with them to build the customers experience
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly any damaged equipment reported promptly
Star like personality
- Fun, outgoing and confident in front of a live audience
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve
- Passionate about delivering an exciting and entertaining proposition for our customers
- Ability to “think on your feet”
- Positive attitude, resilient and adapts well to change and Ability to “think on your feet”
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Thrives from working as part of a successful, dynamic team
- Keen to develop yourself, along with developing and coaching others
Knowledge and experience of presenting, hosting events or performances
- Experience of performing to a variety of people
- Skilled in all areas of events and entertainment including planning and promoting displaying a fine attention to detail
- A broad knowledge of audio-visual equipment and staging