Chef (Pier Nine)
- 9 Grand Jct Rd, Brighton BN1 1PP, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront. Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
A part of Grosvenor Casinos, the leading Casino operator in the UK, our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Is your comfort zone the KITCHEN? Are you passionate about fresh ingredients and tailoring food to customer expectations and brand values? Join us on a culinary journey at the Rank group, where you will be our next STAR! Working closely with your head chef, you will meet and exceed our customer expectations, day in day out!
- Acknowledge, welcome and assist customers in all areas
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Collaborate and work as part of the hosting and wider casino team
- Preparation, cooking, seasoning and presentation of casino menus as per recipe standards.
- Follows all HACCP and safety guidelines, ensuring that food safety is adhered to throughout the venue
- Reports defective equipment and systems to the head chef or duty manager
- Ensure stock rotation (FIFO), ordering and usage is diligently followed to minimize stock and financial losses thereof
- Seeks feedback from customers and front of house teams to continuously improve food quality and exceed customer expectations
- Practices a “clean as you go” policy in all food preparation and service areas
- Previous experience in a culinary or food preparation setting
- Flexible in working shifts and as per business requirements
- Knowledge of HACCP and food safety guidelines
- Food safety basic level 2 certification, or currently working towards it
Various pay scales, dependent on experience. Previous experience required.