Operations Manager £25-27k
- Skimpot Rd, Luton LU5, UK
Mecca is a leading operator of bingo clubs in the UK and our venues offer great-value food, drink and live entertainment. We aim to provide exciting gaming experiences for our customers in a safe and fun environment.
We know how valuable the right people are so once you have joined the team we want you to stay. We have a clear career path and great training to help you reach your potential and stay with us to build an exciting career in entertainment.
To drive the growth and success of your club through managing and leading an operational service led team. To support the GM through the development of a world class team who always deliver an outstanding experience. To evolve the Mecca Brand to new and existing customers. To take accountability for service levels, operational results, ensuring an outstanding experience on every visit shaping and influencing the business to drive its success.
• Oversee all bingo, food & beverage and slots operations within the venue, taking a proactive, customer facing approach at all times
• Excite and Entertain our customers during service ensuring outstanding experiences on every visit
• Assist in the acquisition and retention of new customers by delivering outstanding service
• Driving Omni-Channel products and services through every one of the team
• Ensure customer experiences are provided in a safe and responsible way
• Resolve all customer complaints in a satisfactory and timely manner
• Take ownership of the recruitment and onboarding of team members
• Manage, coach and train your team to deliver outstanding customer service
• Develop the team of the future to deliver an effective succession plan
• Recognise and reward on an ad hoc basis including the identification of outstanding achievements
• Proactively challenge and manage team performance to ensure the highest level of service; ok is not ok!
• Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of all areas
• Oversee all ordering and stock holding in venue
• Complete administration tasks and audit checks
• Support the delivery of a strategic plan for sustained growth incorporating specific local marketing and community activity
• Assist in the delivery all company structured Customer, Team and Shareholder KPI’s
• Assist the GM by acquiring knowledge of the local market to exploit all opportunities and build relationships within the community
• Actively assist with the communication of the strategic vision of the Mecca Team and the Rank Group
· Proven track record of success and sales growth through the delivery of operational results
· Passion and enthusiasm for the leisure business including Food & Beverage, both venue based and digital
· A love of leisure and lifestyle trends
· Sound knowledge of all current marketing trends, medias and social platforms
· Someone who applies an abundance of discretionary effort.
· Experience of high volumes of foot traffic across multiple platforms
· Confidence and experience in leading and developing a team
· Excellent focus on customer service and communication skills
· Exceptional planning, implementing and organisational skills set
· Experience of cost control, stock management and event delivery