- 9 Grand Jct Rd, Brighton BN1 1PP, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront. Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
A part of Grosvenor Casinos, the leading Casino operator in the UK, our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Grosvenor Casinos are looking for a Cashier to be entrusted with the finances of the club, correctly accounting for all transactions whilst complying with all gambling regulations and protecting the reputation of the company by adhering to its policies. You will go through a detailed training program designed by the Head Cashier, to equip you with the skills to work as part of a high performing Team.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Acknowledge, welcome and assist customers at the Cash Desk
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Collaborate and work as part of the cash desk and wider casino team
- To comply with all company procedures as required by the cash desk procedures
- To comply with the Gambling Act, its regulations and Gambling Commission licensing conditions and codes of practice.
- Where appropriate, recommend additional products and services, aimed at providing a excellent customer experience.
- Maintain thorough records and accounts of all operations in the cash desk
- Comply with our Safer Gambling and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
- Reports to the Head Cashier
- Season ticket loan and repayment scheme for travel into central London (where eligible).
- Employee benefits programme operated through Aon+
- Salary: £9.91 per hour + Tips
- Applicants should be a current holder of PFL, issued by the UK Gambling Commission (Required)
- Numeracy skills, ability to account for and manage large sums of cash
- Experience in a cashier or accounts role (preferred)
- Understanding or willingness to learn legislation related to the cash desk function, that would be sufficient to pass a competency test
- Must be motivated and self-driven to constantly enhance skills and adapt to changes in procedure / legislation.
- Must be able to work shifts at any time of the day, including weekends and bank holidays.
If you do not have a current PFL issued by the UK Gambling Commission, we are still interested to hear from you! For the right person, bringing the right attitude, we will pay for the license on your behalf.