- Skimpot Rd, Luton LU5, UK
Mecca is a leading operator of bingo clubs in the UK and our venues offer great-value food, drink and live entertainment. We aim to provide exciting gaming experiences for our customers in a safe and fun environment.
We know how valuable the right people are so once you have joined the team we want you to stay. We have a clear career path and great training to help you reach your potential and stay with us to build an exciting career in entertainment.
This role will form part of our amazing team at our new Mecca Bingo Venue in Luton.
- Take part in a daily team briefing with other venue team members
- Ensuring all preparation of food is carried out to the highest levels of quality and safety
- Working in an efficient way that minimizes food wastage
- To cook and serve food in line with Mecca brand standards
- Playing a key role in the kitchen in the absence of the F&B kitchen team leader
- Ensure all daily and weekly food safety checks and due diligence record keeping including fridge and freezer and cooking temperatures
- Ensuring the kitchen environment is always kept to the highest levels of cleanliness and tidiness
- Using kitchen equipment in a safe way that doesn’t endanger either the individual or the team
- Placing food orders in the absence of the F&B kitchen team leader
- Supporting a productive and efficient working environment and always working as part of a team
- Ensuring that the kitchen open and close down procedures are followed at the beginning and end of each shift
- Ensure safety in the kitchen and back of house area, specifically with regards to food hygiene standards the health and safety of employees and guests
- Reporting any accident and/or near misses through the correct Mecca channels
- To uphold the company’s commitment to the protection of young and vulnerable people, in accordance with the company’s responsible gambling policy and procedures
- Being fully aware of the 3 Licensing Objectives to protect customers and the business
Keeping our customers safe from the potential harms of gambling in line with the Gambling Commission’s licensing conditions and codes of practice. (LCCP).
- Knowledge and experience of working in the leisure or experiential environment
- Experience of working in a busy kitchen environment