Poker Dealer (Pier Nine) - Experience Required
- Grand Jct Rd, Brighton, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront. Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
A part of Grosvenor Casinos, the leading Casino operator in the UK, our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Dealing a successful and entertaining poker game is more about people than cards. Yes you will deal both tournament and cash games in an efficient precise way, but more than that you will be entertaining the players at that table.
You’ll need to know the rules and provide a professionally dealt game of poker, be efficient and precise, but the trick is doing all of this with style in a way that makes for a memorable guest experience.
- Welcome customers warmly in to the business
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Work with your colleagues to provide efficient and dynamic service
- Deliver an excellent quality experience by evaluating individual needs and acting upon this information
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and card room supervisor
- Create an environment of community and fun
- Show immaculate technical standards in dealing, chips skills, bet calculation and enforcing the rules of the game.
- Interact with customers in a range of ways that is consistent with their experience and ability in the game
- Maintain the security of the game, cash and assets
- Ensure you proactively comply with all regulation, particularly for licensing conditions, and safer gambling
- Positive attitude
- Experience of working successfully in a hospitality role
- Previous experience working as a poker dealer (Preferred)
- Fanatical about delivering unrivalled customer experience
- Ability to collaborate with the wider business
- Comfortable with change and ability to embrace new ways of working
- Good interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Must be able to work shifts at any time of the day, including weekends and bank holidays.
- PFL Holder £9.61p/h + share of all tips
- Unlicensed £9.41p/h + share of all tips
- You will be able to apply for your license after 3 months employment