Food & Beverage Team Leader (Pier Nine)
- Grand Jct Rd, Brighton, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront. Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
A part of Grosvenor Casinos, the leading Casino operator in the UK, our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
To lead the team to deliver a courteous, professional and efficient service of food, beverages and other ancillary products, whilst complying with all set standards of service and working within the Company’s guiding values. The ideal candidate must not only be passionate about cocktails and bar service but also have relevant experience in working in high volume restaurants and bars.
- You will be responsible for running a successful Bar. You will oversee the full bar operation, managing stock, your bar team, and all aspects of customer service
- Assisting in the training and induction of new team members, and support the development of existing team members through training and coaching.
- Assisting our F&B Team in evolving the cocktail range
- Support the Head of Food and Beverage by reviewing performance within the Food and Beverage Team, monitoring through regular reviews and appraisals, escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- Actively support the Management Team to promote new business and suggest new initiatives to achieve objectives.
- To be customer focused, carrying out your duties to ensure that all customers have an exceptional level of service provided, a value for money experience and want to return to the Casino.
- To be conversant with current promotions and products available (gaming and non-gaming) to ensure the best customer experience.
- To proactively offer and provide a friendly, accurate, efficient and prompt bar service, responding positively to all customer requests.
- To have an awareness of daily, weekly and monthly targets and ensure that the Food and Beverage Team are working to achieve these.
- To uphold the company’s commitment to the protection of young and vulnerable people, in accordance with the company’s responsible gambling policy and procedures.
- To be accountable for all handling of monies and electronic point of sale responsibilities.
- To have the required level of Product Knowledge of our Food & Beverage Offers.
- To have the required level of knowledge of all equipment within the Food and Beverage Department, reporting any faults to the Management Team.
- To ensure that the replenishment of all stock is complete, so that the customer always has the opportunity to access all available products.
- To support the Head of Food and Beverage to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation e.g. Licencing, etc., escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- To ensure that the Department has accurately accounted for stocks, spillages and wastages, managing work quality and controls, escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- To comply with all regulatory provisions in respect of sanitation and food safety, ensuring that cleaning schedules are adhered to and that the agreed standard of housekeeping and presentation are maintained.
- Promote an environment that encourages responsible drinking.
Salary: £10.50p/h + Share of all tips