Food & Beverage Manager (Pier Nine)
- Grand Jct Rd, Brighton, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees. This new kind of "third place" is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community.
Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront. Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
A part of Grosvenor Casinos, the leading Casino operator in the UK, our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
BrightOn your doorstep. BrightOn it 24/7. Committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Do you have an affinity for wine and food pairings, exquisite cocktails and creating an upbeat ambiance in your bar and restaurant? Welcome to Pier Nine in Brighton who are looking for a Food and Beverage Manager.
You will be very inclusive, working with a multigenerational workforce, motivating them to be service oriented, customer focused and sales fixated! We would like you to take the lead in organizing entertainment, run parties, look after any meetings and events through a positive work culture. Who knows, one day you could be running the whole casino!
- Be an outgoing, dynamic and engaging leader in our business, always looking for ways to deliver an exceptional experience for our guests and colleagues
- Lead by example at all times, bringing flair to the F&B operation and overseeing exceptional standards
- Manage all aspects of the food and beverage operation within the casino, taking ownership of all bar, restaurant, gaming and event operations regarding food and beverage
- Have a great knowledge of food, beverage and service, be passionate about the products and have a real interest in quality and innovation
- Have a strong commercial mind, with a sense for seeing and delivering opportunities in sales and margin growth
- Have a ‘safety first’ ethos, always making sure our teams and guests are present in a safe environment
- Be cool headed, level and calm, even during the busiest times, getting the most out of your team when the pressure is on
- Treat every guest like a VIP, ensuring when they leave our venue they are already thinking of their next visit
- Collaborate with the venue leadership team in a constructive and forward-thinking way, always looking at how we can improve our proposition
- Listen to our guests and team members, evolving our offer where necessary to always stay ahead of the game
- Want to progress your career and always look for opportunities to leave and develop further
- Track record of delivering sales and profitability through career.
- Personal licence holder
- Degree/HND in hospitality
- Must be able to work shifts at any time of the day, including weekends and bank holidays.