Customer Verifications Team Leader
- Ground floor and fifth floor, Standard Chartered Tower, Cybercity, Mauritius
The Rank Group is growing rapidly within both our Venues and Digital businesses. If you’re not sure who we are, you may be more familiar with us through our iconic brands; Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino. We have most recently acquired Stride Gaming, which, together with our existing Digital business, forms Rank Interactive.
We employ circa 8,000 people globally, with our UK office functions being located in Maidenhead (Head Office), Sheffield (Customer Solutions Hub), London (Digital) and a further office in Gibraltar, which is home to our existing Rank Digital function. We are evolving as a business and are adding some exciting new brands and concepts to our venues and digital offering.
By joining an office-based or operational function with us, you’ll instantly be part of a high-performing and inclusive culture, which works closely to support our Customer-facing teams.
Rank Group are looking for a Customer Verifications Team Leader to join our Verification Team In our Mauritius Office.
As a Customer Verifications Team Leader, you'll be reporting to the Customer Verification Manager.
Key to your role will be coaching and developing your team to achieve the KPI’s set out by the business in relation to OSINT information on high value customers within the estate. You will ensure that the Customer Verification Administrators have reviewed the relevant information available to them and documented the necessary information in a clear and concise format ready to transfer over to the Customer Verification Analysts who can then build a quality risk assessment based on Safer Gambling, Affordability and Money Laundering risk factors.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Support the Customer Verification Manager by ensuring your team produce quality information in their OSINT reports and support the Customer Verification administrators in achieving their KPI’s.
- Identify customers whose OSINT information combined with player data may give rise to concern that they have problem gambling issues and facilitate effective communication to the relevant Customer Verification Administrator and Manager
- Utilize Open Source and 3rd party platforms to analyze individual customers background to support regular management review of business relationships
- Research and publish detailed OSINT information along with reports from 3rd party suppliers as needed for the Customer Verification Team Leader, Customer Verification Team Analysts and stakeholders
- Use data and information to support identification of customers that maybe of concern
- Liaise and consult with the Customer Verifications Team Manager and Customer Verification Team Analysts regarding individual cases and higher risk customers maintaining effective communication between teams
- Ensure your team are performing to the levels and KPI’s required by the company and report to Key personnel and wider stakeholders
- Ensure that policy and processes are followed by your team and that the documents are refreshed in line with new regulations
- Lead, Conduct and Collaborate on meetings between your team and the wider estate including Key stakeholders relevant to your role
- Collaborate with digital and retail stakeholders and HVC team as required for high value or cross-channel customers
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and requirements within the gambling industry
- Full working knowledge of all OSINT sources, 3rd party platforms and internal software
- Full working knowledge of relevant legislation and requirements within the gambling industry
- Support and coach employees, provide guidance on information and record management and general personal development, always demonstrating a commitment to Rank Group values and supporting others in demonstrating them.
- Manage, energize and motivate highly performing team through trust, integrity, strength of vision and dynamism. Communicate commercial objectives and expectations to direct reports in a way that motivates them to take action and accountability.
- Accountability for direct reports as required to include managing workload, prioritization of activities, performance improvement and achievement of incentivized targets and objectives
- Provide support, coaching and development for direct reports for their individual professional development
- Management of team allocation to ensure coverage at peak times and facilitate team response rates around periods of holidays and sickness
- Experience and ability to lead a team in a rapidly changing environment with a high caseload
- Ability to manage time effectively and be flexible in their approach
- Has strong report-writing, verbal communication, data entry and comprehensive record keeping ability
- Initiative, ingenuity and an inquisitive nature, with good perception and awareness for recognizing and identifying red flags or promising lines of investigation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of OSINT tools available
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the gaming industry
- Awareness of legislation including;
- The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- The Terrorism Act 2000.
- The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (Money Laundering Regulations 2017).
- The Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- Analytical mindset with an aptitude for investigation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve results
- Strong team player with a willingness to pick up new ideas and concepts