- Lot 19, Ground Floor, Standard Chartered Tower, Quatre Bornes, Cyber City, Mauritius
Who are we?
SRG Services Ltd a group company of the Rank group PLC is a market leader in the online/land base gambling space. We dream, develop and market awesome games for our customers and have a great time doing it.
We live and breathe our Vision and Values and believe everyone who works at SRG services ltd has a very important role to play in making the company a success.
We will not sugar coat it; it is a challenging environment where we all get in and get the job done whatever it takes to ensure our products are the best of the best.
Our software testers work to validate all the software our development teams produce. Across our development teams we release software daily with many projects having different approaches to quality assurance. We use a variety of tools and techniques to employ the most appropriate quality assurance processes for each of our projects. Our projects continually change, and all our software testers are responsible to the continual improvement of our testing practices.
- Test Execution and defect management, according to commitments.
- Participate in all aspects of QA within the company implementing approaches and strategies for the software development lifecycle.
- Identify software problems during testing, determine steps to reproduce them and follow up
- Provide walkthrough of test plan/approach to the development team and stakeholders
- Build clear, concise, and complete test-related documentation
- Contribute to continual QA process improvement efforts
- Consulting with teams about their testing strategies and discussing appropriate solutions.
- Embracing workflow management software to track development work and defects. We use Jira.
- Being comfortable in a dynamic environment with lots of projects requiring support from the software testing team.
- Understanding the value of testing in different environments, including ephemeral environments.
- Mentoring future software testers who join
- Automation testing/coding experience would be a plus
- Experience on exploratory testing and test design techniques would be a plus
Things you will need to know about:
- The Testing Triangle, TDD, BDD and gherkin syntax.
- Black Box testing
- Basic programming knowledge/query language
- Good understanding of testing tools such as Selenium, Charles Proxy, Git and JMeter
- ISTQB or other software testing certifications would be an advantage
- The ability to communicate effectively, whether it is spoken, written or collaboration over documentation.
- ...and most importantly - a willingness and ability to learn new things!
- Attention for detail, good time and tasks management skills
- Good understanding of Excel for writing QA reports
- Be passionate about testing
- Try their best
- Actively participate in shaping their team
- Be considerate and inclusive of other team members
- Work with members of other teams and proactively help coordinate efforts across teams
- Help us continually improve in any ways we can. We love to hear new perspectives and ideas.
- Welcome management, but also be comfortable working independently
Our Mauritius office is very light and spacious, with a warm atmosphere! If you hold a Diploma or Degree in the related discipline, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; 11:00 – 20:00