- 707-725 Lordship Ln, Wood Green, London N22 5JY, UK
As an F&B Kitchen team leader for Mecca Bingo, you will lead your team in the delivery of a fantastic food offer within your club. You will always take responsibility for all day to day kitchen operations and ensure outstanding quality and consistency of food and service. You will also be responsible for the safety of all team members and guests whilst in your venue, always adhering to the highest standards of food safety and health and safety.
As a Team Leader you will demonstrate and ensure that you and your team naturally promote our exceptional food and drink experiences. Interacting with customers, answering questions and creating a sense of ‘fun, entertainment and excitement’, whilst ensuring that you and your team put Safer Gambling and the care of our customers at the heart of what we do. As a kitchen team leader, you will be specifically responsible for supporting and developing the kitchen team whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience.
· Enthusiastically lead the kitchen team during daily preparation and service of the Mecca food offer
· Hold daily team briefings with the F&B team and wider venue team where necessary
· Ensure that the department is adequately resourced and within required budgets
· Assist in the training and induction of new team members, and support the coaching and development of existing team
· Support the GM by reviewing performance within the kitchen team, monitoring through regular reviews and appraisals
· Ensuring that all food served is consistent with Mecca brand standards and specifications
· Implement the Mecca policy of food service, designed to make the club visit an enjoyable, sustained and a repeated experience
· To promote and encourage special customer events combining gaming, entertainment, sporting events with a bespoke food offer
· To bring new and innovative ways of working to your club to enhance employee engagement
· Manage safety in the kitchen and back of house area, specifically with regards to food hygiene standards the health and safety of employees and guests
· Ensuring back of house areas including the kitchen, stores and cellars are always clean and tidy
· To be responsible for the accurate keeping of all necessary due diligence · To manage all ordering and stock holding within the kitchen
· To ensure the correct stock levels are maintained and wastage meets the targets set by the company
· Ensuring that all stocktaking is carried out accurately and carried out in line with company policy on a weekly and monthly basis
· To uphold the company’s commitment to the protection of young and vulnerable people, in accordance with the company’s responsible gambling policy and procedures
· Being fully aware of the 3 Licensing Objectives to protect customers and the business
· Keeping our customers safe from the potential harms of gambling in line with the Gambling Commission’s licensing conditions and codes of practice. (LCCP).
- Your attitude is more important than experience, we are looking for people who love looking after customers, are fun, adaptable, caring and hardworking who will fit into a cheeky chatty environment.
- Good communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- A smile for everyone
- Proven ability in managing great customer experience in food preparation in restaurants and or the hospitality industry
- At least 2 years experience in running a busy commercial kitchen
- Previous successful experience in managing the commercial costs and revenues of a food or hospitality outlet
- Minimum level 2 Food Standards Hygiene Certificate
· Fun, outgoing and confident and a natural leader who enjoys motivating a team to deliver results
· You enjoy and want to have fun in your role, thriving on customer and team interaction.
· Excellent communicator
· Intuitive – sixth sense of knowing what your customer needs and wants and giving it to them.
· Team Player –you need to be able work tirelessly with your colleagues, recognizing how others can also contribute towards your success. You support your colleagues helping them develop and support your line managers to deliver the vision of the Company, while developing yourself.
· Creative –create entertainment and excitement and enjoy thinking outside-the-box.
· Flexible and adaptable in responding to changing priorities and a dynamic customer base.
· Calm under pressure, and comfortable in dealing with difficult conversations in a gaming environment.
· Motivated to deliver excellent customer service, to every customer, every time.
· You will lead by example in all areas of your role.
· Enjoy coaching and developing teams