Copy of Offer Development Manager
- Hill St, Birmingham, UK
- Employees can work remotely
The Rank Group is growing rapidly within both our Venues and Digital businesses. If you’re not sure who we are, you may be more familiar with us through our iconic brands; Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino. We have most recently acquired Stride Gaming, which, together with our existing Digital business, forms Rank Interactive.
We employ circa 8,000 people globally, with our UK office functions being located in Maidenhead (Head Office), Sheffield (Customer Solutions Hub), London (Digital) and a further office in Gibraltar, which is home to our existing Rank Digital function. We are evolving as a business and are adding some exciting new brands and concepts to our venues and digital offering.
By joining an office-based or operational function with us, you’ll instantly be part of a high-performing and inclusive culture, which works closely to support our Customer-facing teams
*FIELD BASED ROLE*
We have an amazing new opportunity for a Food Offer Development Manager to join our team and industry leading, innovative food offers for across our Venues business. As an experienced Development Chef, Executive Chef or Head Chef, you will work closely with the operations and marketing teams to create exciting, high quality menu propositions for our two UK retail brands. With over 100 Venues, our offers range from casual dining to street food, through formal dining to events and parties, there is a wide range of challenging and diverse projects to lead.
The main objectives of the role are:
- Proactively seek out new innovations in food service including ingredients, dishes, cooking methods, equipment and service models
- Create, along with the operations and marketing teams, offer development briefings
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders throughout the development process including; F&B, marketing, operations, finance and purchasing teams
- Build productive relationships with current and potential suppliers along with the purchasing team
- Deliver multi-stage menu tastings throughout the development process for relevant internal stakeholders
- Create suitable images and assets of all new offers to support promotional activity, social pages, advertising and marketing initiatives
- Create high quality kitchen team and management supporting materials, including; cookbooks, prep sheets, order pads, kitchen checklists and internal audit documents
- Work alongside the central F&B and operations teams to build high quality training programs for venue teams
- Engage, train and develop the central training team and regional food champions to deliver new offers into the business and take a proactive, hands on approach with venue teams
- Obtain and interpret sales data, market insight and customer feedback to inform offer development decision making
You’ll support the design and roll out of the Rank F&B academy project, taking ownership over all culinary elements, supporting the creation of all training materials for the venues business.
You’ll create any necessary food related communications to be shared with venues teams and senior operations and build a national culinary communications and support network for each brand, supported by F&B champions.
You’ll also support the HR, L&D and training teams to create all necessary material for the recruitment, onboarding and induction of new F&B team members.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is an experienced Executive, Head or Development Chef with a strong background in the restaurant industry, who are looking for their next role to be more strategic, fast paced and interesting with the opportunity to develop leadership and management skills.
This is an incredible role for someone who is willing and able to come on board with our transformation journey and make our Venues a destination of choice.
· Experience in (Michelin level) or head chef (quality restaurant level)
· Demonstrable background in creative and innovative menu/dish design and development
· Strong leadership skills, having led a medium to large sized kitchen brigade
· Minimum level 2 food safety (either current or expired)