Safer Gambling Analyst
- Lot 19, Ground Floor, Standard Chartered Tower, Ebene, Quatre Bornes, Cyber City, Mauritius
The Rank Group is growing rapidly within both our Venues and Digital businesses. If you’re not sure who we are, you may be more familiar with us through our iconic brands; Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino. We have most recently acquired Stride Gaming, which, together with our existing Digital business, forms Rank Interactive. We employ circa 8,000 people globally, with our UK office functions being located in Maidenhead (Head Office), Sheffield (Customer Solutions Hub), London (Digital) and a further office in Gibraltar, which is home to our existing Rank Digital function. We are evolving as a business and are adding some exciting new brands and concepts to our venues and digital offering. By joining an office-based or operational function with us, you’ll instantly be part of a high-performing and inclusive culture, which works closely to support our Customer-facing teams.
As a licensed gaming company, we are accountable to ensure that we uphold the terms of that license by protecting customers and ensuring that they are gambling safely. Upholding responsible gaming practices is a key means to help reduce the likelihood of Problem gambling amongst vulnerable customers. A number of measures have been introduced to help prevent the onset of problem gambling, including self-exclusion programmes and processes, offering advice and support to problem gamblers and allowing players to set limits as to how much they spend both within online and land-based gaming channels.
This role is to provide central support in the processing of customer reinstatements, barring’s and exclusions for both the retail and online business, ensuring adherence to relevant rules and Rank policies and having due regard for customer risk and groups responsibilities relating to problem gambling.
- Process requests from customers, received directly, online or via our retail venues, to reinstate customers who have previously been barred or self-excluded
- Ensure the timely application of groupwide barrings and exclusions to customers,
- Ensure the sufficient review of customer histories to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and responsibilities relating to problem gambling
- Act as a point of escalation to the compliance department for complex cases or cases of multiple exclusion/reinstatement, or complaints or disputes that might arise from these processes
- Liaise closely with the digital business and wider Customer Solutions Hub, assisting in the proper consideration and management of customer risk, particularly as it relates to barrings and problem gambling.
- Respond to ad-hoc information and customer queries and act as a point of support and advice for the retail business in respect of reinstatements and barrings
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good standard of written and oral communication
- Experience of holding difficult conversations with Customers
- Able to work with a number of stakeholders across the business to discuss customer histories, deliver reinstatement decisions and implement groupwide barrings
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly review and assess information
- A clear understanding of Responsible Gaming in line with the UKGC Licensing terms
- Self-motivated, keen eye for detail, accurate and precise, can work alone or as part of a wider virtual team.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving
- High level of accuracy and detail
- Values and personally demonstrates a culture that supports and encourages Diversity & Inclusion
- Diligent and responsible.
- Good communicator and able to work independently as well as part of a team
Hours of Work:
The candidate should be able to work night shifts to carry out the responsibilities of a Safer Gambling Analyst.