- 113 Loop St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
We are a leading international digital gaming company, underpinned by superior talent and technology. We operate a multi-branded strategy, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software to provide online bingo and slot gaming and a social gaming mobile application. Every day, millions of people worldwide enjoy our products - which includes meccabingo.com and grosvenorcasinos.com - on their mobiles, tablets and desktops.
- Develop the architecture solutions for the business unit taking into account current and future requirements. Responsible for ensuring the assigned projects follow the overall architecture and principles
- Responsible for the end-to-end solutions analysis, design and implementation of assigned Projects. This includes all aspects of the solutions design of the projects.
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Willingness to learn new things, take ownership and solve complex issues
- Lead and participate in architectural reviews of software, infrastructure, data and other architectures.
- Verify solution implementation with squads, ensure the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture and meet the requirements
- Contribute to the design and policing of Enterprise Infrastructure; Technical Architectures & Solutions Architectures.
- To ensure that deployed technology is always appropriate to meet the current and planned future needs of the Business
- Responsible for the resolution and removal of technical impediments to the channel/solutions roadmap.
- Responsible for the completeness of all project architectural, and design documentation.
- Assist with development and implementation of processes, standards and best practices for the operational support teams
- Work in conjunction with other groups (i.e. Development, Analysis, Infrastructure and operations) for architectural related matters
- Provides guidance on best practices, tooling, CI/CD automation, AWS WAF to all squads
- Work in partnership with the product owners, technical leads and developers, making sure that teams are able to realise the architecture, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement
- Responsible for communicating the architecture thus making sure that everyone understands the architecture. Different people have different viewpoints, so the architect has to present various views of the system appropriate to different audiences
- Provide strong leadership and guidance for the team, creating a learning environment to support the career and development of all team members
Knowledge, Expertise & Qualifications
- Significant experience in a similar role, specifically Internet based businesses from Betting and Gaming, Retail, Banking and/or IT Consultancy, ideally within a highly regulated industry
- Significant experience in a software design and development role using web technologies and database driven applications such as JEE /Oracle/LAMP/.NET based technology
- A thorough understanding of architectural design principles
- Strong analytical skills for APIs and third party integrations solutions
- A thorough understanding of IT system environments i.e. operating systems, networking, applications and databases AWS and Serverless solution architecture experience will be a bonus
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and works well under pressure
- A strong customer focus and can establish effective relationships
- Extensive experience gained in Technology Programme and Project Delivery
- Confident operating in an environment of continuous change and challenging colleagues and customers
- Credible communicator and influencer, adapting style as appropriate
- Proven track record of ability to lead a technical team
- Ability to keep strategic focus whilst dealing tactically with day to day issues
- Results driven, motivated by success