- 113 Loop St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
We are a leading international digital gaming company, underpinned by superior talent and technology. We operate a multi-branded strategy, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software to provide online bingo and slot gaming and a social gaming mobile application. Every day, millions of people worldwide enjoy our products - which includes meccabingo.com and grosvenorcasinos.com - on their mobiles, tablets and desktops.
Software Engineering at Rank:
- Making sure they have the knowledge of the system they are working with
- Understanding the requirements and identifying conflicts or potential risks before coding
- Designing a solution and presenting to the team so it can be polished if required and owned by all
- Being comfortable with legacy systems and compromises, but aiming for the change in the right direction
- Being responsible for creating a deployment plan which includes valuable tests and ensures stability
Things you'll need to know about:
- Java 8, Spring, SpringBoot, Spring Cloud
- Testing tools like Junit. Wiremock and Cucumber are on our horizon too.
- Relational databases.
- Containers and container orchestration. Currently we use Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Version control - we use git.
- Agile, in particular scrum.
- The ability to communicate effectively, whether it's spoken, written or collaboration over documentation.
- ...and most importantly - a willingness and ability to learn new things!
- Degree or equivalent qualification desirable (ideally in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar discipline);
- Excellent background on Agile methodologies (Scrum, eXtreme Programing, Kanban, Lean);
- Excellent background of Agile practices (TDD, BDD, Coding Standards, Peer Review, Collective Ownership, Whole Team, Frequent Release, Continuous Integration);
- Strong knowledge regarding Object Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis;
- Understanding of SOLID principles;
- Passionate about quality code;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact professionally with a diverse group of people;
- Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms. Experience with software optimisation;
- Expert knowledge in building REST APIs
- Exceptional problem solving skills