- 113 Loop St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
We are a leading international digital gaming company, underpinned by superior talent and technology. We operate a multi-branded strategy, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software to provide online bingo and slot gaming and a social gaming mobile application. Every day, millions of people worldwide enjoy our products - which includes meccabingo.com and grosvenorcasinos.com - on their mobiles, tablets and desktops.
As a Software Engineer you are
- able to analyse and design web applications specified as stories in backlogs and UX/UI designs.
- able to create detailed systems solutions using Episerver CMS, including front end, back end and integration to other systems.
- responsible to co-ordinate with UI designers, tech leads, front end and backend developers to make sure the full stack code is optimal and performant.
- responsible for development of features where you must: report problems on time, specify needs, and present status reports to delivery managers.
- having good working knowledge of software engineering principles and the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- able to work on their own, as well as contributing to the team effort.
- able to work closely with all members of geographically distributed agile teams to deliver high-quality code.
- able to participate in all agile planning meetings and stand-ups.
- able to take an existing piece of work and fix any issues associated with it.
- having strong affinity for software craftsmanship and a mindset toward Test Driven Development and perform unit and Integration level testing on all applications.
- constantly monitoring new technology trends, frameworks, and approaches that deliver the best possible applications.
Technical skills and hands on experience on as many of the following:
- CMS – Epi Server (Any exposure to DXC is advantageous)
- .Net Frameworks 3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0 using C#
- Microsoft Azure Technologies – eg. Web apps, Azure SQL, Redis Cache, Cosmos DB etc
- Unit test / specification frameworks - NUnit, Specflaw, selenium, xBehave
- Mocking Frameworks – Rhinomocks ,NSubstitute
- Message Queuing - Azure service bus, Kafka, MQ Series, Rabbit MQ
- package managers nugget and npm
- Mobile Dev – Xamarin, Cordova
- pre-processors such as SASS or SCSS