Network Systems and EUC Support Engineer
- 113 Loop St, Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Rank Interactive is the digital business of Rank Group plc. We are a leading international digital gaming company, underpinned by superior talent and technology.
We operate a multi-branded strategy, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software to provide online bingo and slot gaming and a social gaming mobile application.
Every day, millions of people worldwide enjoy our products - which includes meccabingo.com and grosvenorcasinos.com - on their mobiles, tablets and desktops.
We bring people and entertainment together, delivering stimulating and entertaining experiences through diverse digital channels from our offices in Kentish Town, Maidenhead, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Mauritius, Sheffield, South Africa and Israel. With a team of over 350 worldwide, we empower our colleagues to work at the peak of their strengths and passions by providing innovative and collaborative working environments that attract, retain and engages high performing talent.
As a Network/System & EUC Support Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the effective day to day operation of all IT Equipment with a focus on server and network infrastructure. You will be the first point of contact for end-users to receive Desktop IT Support in our Cape Town office. This includes installing, maintaining, diagnosing, repairing and upgrading all hardware and equipment. You will be responsible for promptly and efficiently assisting other colleagues with IT related requests, by means of physical intervention, telephone support or via remote access all logged and tracked through a support ticketing system. There may be occasional travel to other Rank offices.
Reporting to the IT Manager remotely, the day-to-day duties would include but are not limited to:
End User Computing:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line Onsite/Remote Support as required by the business
- Investigate reported issues and proactively research and resolve according to according to SLA.
- User Account Maintenance through Active Directory and Office365 (Account Provision, Account Revocation, Password resets etc).
- Support, configure and maintain EUC hardware devices, printers and operating systems: Windows 10/Mac OSX/Laptop/Desktop/Mobile Phone (iOS/Android)
- Coordinate and perform Hardware Repairs, Upgrades. Install moves and changes for Hardware, software and user peripherals.
- Provide 2nd Support for various software packages and work with Software Vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Support Meeting Room / AV Support and business collaboration via Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom and Skype for Business
- Perform System Patching (Windows Updates, Adobe Updates, Java Updates, Firmware Updates).
- Maintaining an up to date IT Asset Register.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Perform general user handover training.
- Escalate issues and involve superiors wherever required in order to resolve an issue as quickly as possible.
- RJ45 and RJ11 Cable Patching, configuration and testing of network connections.
- Troubleshoot Network connectivity problems in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Juniper Firewalls
- HP Aruba Switches
- Pulse Secure VPN management
- Cisco Meraki / WiFi management
- Setup/Configure/Maintain/Administer Enterprise applications (Active Directory, Exchange, Veeam, VMware, ESET etc) hosted on Windows Server Operating Systems and test operational functionality.
- Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019 (GPO's, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Harden Windows Operating Systems based on NIST & CIS Guidelines.
- Sophos Central - Endpoint Security and Antivirus
- Sophos Central - Mobile management
- Administrate Forcepoint Security Manager / Similar web proxy
- Any other duties as requested by the Company
- Demonstrable work experience as 3rd line support or similar role
- Problem Solving Skills
- Good communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to operate under stressful conditions
- Able to manage Time and Priorities effectively
- Industry-related Degree (Minimum 2:1)
- Industry-relevant qualification (Microsoft, Cisco, VMware etc)
It's not all about the work!
At Rank Interactive, we are dedicated to not only finding the best people to work for us but once you are here we want to make sure you stay and develop with the business.
We also have great stuff in the office, and a great team of people to work with
To find out more information, follow us over on LinkedIn!