- Grand Jct Rd, Brighton, UK
Grosvenor is the leading Casino operator in the UK and our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
At Grosvenor we are a 24/7 operation committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Are you a creative, dedicated and ambitious Head Chef who is ready to lead the culinary operation at a flagship casino for one of the leisure industry’s biggest operators? Pier 9, Brighton, part of the Grosvenor Casino family, is looking for a Head Chef who has the experience and drive to take this unique venue to the next level. Delivering contemporary cuisine to our VIP and leisure guests over three floors and in multiple areas, we require an outstanding team player who can bring flair and innovation to the proposition.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coordinating all elements of the food operation in club, in particular the production and service of high-quality, contemporary food offer.
- Creating and delivering innovative menus across multiple areas to both transactional and leisure guests in conjunction with the central Food and Beverage team
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a skilled and efficient kitchen brigade
- Building high levels of team engagement through regular meetings, huddles and tastings
- Delivering the financial and budgetary performance of the food operation, delivering both revenue and margin targets in conjunction with the venue leadership
- Taking full ownership of all health and safety and food safety management in the kitchen
- Living our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
· Head Chef (quality restaurant or hotel) or sous chef (Michelin level) experience.
· Extensive kitchen experience
· Demonstrable background in creative and innovative menu/dish design and development
· Strong leadership skills, having led a medium to large sized kitchen brigade
· Minimum level 2 food safety (either current or expired)