HR Business Partner
- Hill St, Birmingham, UK
The Rank Group is growing rapidly within both our Venues and Digital businesses. If you’re not sure who we are, you may be more familiar with us through our iconic brands; Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino.
We have most recently acquired Stride Gaming, which, together with our existing Digital business, forms Rank Interactive. We employ circa 8,000 people globally, with our UK office functions being located in Maidenhead (Head Office), Sheffield (Customer Solutions Hub), London (Digital) and a further office in Gibraltar, which is home to our existing Rank Digital function.
We are evolving as a business and are adding some exciting new brands and concepts to our venues and digital offering. By joining an office-based or operational function with us, you’ll instantly be part of a high-performing and inclusive culture, which works closely to support our Customer-facing teams.
The successful candidate will be a skilled HRBP who will be involved in a full remit of HR practices and processes within our Venues business. This role is responsible in supporting business needs and ensuring the proper implementation of company policies, strategies and objectives. You will work in partnership with the retail operations team, delivering an effective people strategy to meet the business objectives.
To work in partnership with the retail operations team, designing and delivering an effective people strategy to meet the business objectives.
· Contribute to the retail HR strategy and support its’ implementation in the field.
· Ensure effective plans are in place to drive employee engagement, in turn supporting the implementation of engagement surveys.
· Work with operational teams to build a team culture that reflects the values.
· Attend HR meetings and retail Operations meetings, providing a link between HR best practise and the needs of the Operation.
· Facilitate and attend regional employee representative meetings to create an environment where everyone has a voice and can influence their working environment.
· Complete special project work as required to support the HR strategy.
· Recruit, retain and develop talent within the retail estate with a focus on management roles.
· Advise and assist local management on recruitment processes which are reflective of our culture and employer branding and attract a diverse candidate pool.
· Work with operational management to ensure that robust succession plans are in place for key management roles, engaging other HR functions as appropriate.
· Assume responsibility, with operational management, for all people and recruitment issues for any new units / new brands.
· Support the delivery of development plans as agreed by operational management, engaging other HR functions as appropriate.
· In line with the company’s performance management system and employee appraisal scheme support and ensure the completion of performance reviews for all employees and management.
· Analyse the key people metrics, working with the operations team to improve performance.
· Provide advice to operational management and ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements on relevant employment matters.
· Consult with employees / management as appropriate in redundancy / re-deployment situations arising from unit closures and carry out the required accompanying administration.
· Advise, guide, coach, support and develop managers on the application of HR policy / procedures such as disciplinary and grievance investigations, absence management, Tribunal cases etc… obtaining business feedback to ensure understanding.
- CIPD Qualified
- Extensive knowledge in HR with solid employment law knowledge and application of legislation
- Experience of working in a retail or hospitality paced environment with ability to understand technological changes in this work space and influence change
- Ability to work with numerous internal and external cross functional teams
- Experience across a wide range of HR disciplines i.e. business partnering, reward, recruitment, development