Senior Software Engineer
- 113 Loop St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
The Rank Group is growing rapidly within both our Venues and Digital businesses. If you’re not sure who we are, you may be more familiar with us through our iconic brands; Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino. We have most recently acquired Stride Gaming, which, together with our existing Digital business, forms Rank Interactive. We employ circa 8,000 people globally, with our UK office functions being located in Maidenhead (Head Office), Sheffield (Customer Solutions Hub), London (Digital) and a further office in Gibraltar, which is home to our existing Rank Digital function. We are evolving as a business and are adding some exciting new brands and concepts to our venues and digital offering. By joining an office-based or operational function with us, you’ll instantly be part of a high-performing and inclusive culture, which works closely to support our Customer-facing teams.
As a Senior Engineer you are:
- Able to analyse and design web applications specified as stories in backlogs and UX/UI designs.
- Able to create detailed systems solutions using Episerver CMS, including front end, back end and integration to other systems.
- Responsible to co-ordinate with UI designers, tech leads, front end and backend developers to make sure the full stack code is optimal and performant.
- Responsible for development of features where you must: report problems on time, specify needs, and present status reports to delivery managers.
- Having good working knowledge of software engineering principles and the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Able to work on their own, as well as contributing to the team effort.
- Able to work closely with all members of geographically distributed agile teams to deliver high-quality code.
- Able to participate in all agile planning meetings and stand-ups.
- Able to take an existing piece of work and fix any issues associated with it.
- Having strong affinity for software craftsmanship and a mindset toward Test Driven Development and perform unit and Integration level testing on all applications.
- Constantly monitoring new technology trends, frameworks, and approaches that deliver the best possible applications.
Technical skills and hands on experience on as many of the following -
- CMS – Epi Server (Any exposure to DXC is advantageous)
- .Net Frameworks 3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0 using C#
- Microsoft Azure Technologies – eg. Web apps, Azure SQL, Redis Cache, Cosmos DB etc
- Unit test / specification frameworks - NUnit, Specflaw, selenium, xBehave
- Mocking Frameworks – Rhinomocks ,NSubstitute
- Message Queuing - Azure service bus, Kafka, MQ Series, Rabbit MQ