- 9 Grand Jct Rd, Brighton BN1 1PP, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new 24/7 leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees, this new kind of third place is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community. Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront.
Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
At Grosvenor we are a 24/7 operation committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Can you work in a busy environment, ensuring that financial regulation is followed by your team, customers are looked after, the security and operational efficiency of the cash desk is a priority and you are responsible for protecting the company’s assets?
Grosvenor Casino requires an experienced cashier to lead its cash desk operations. An important function of this role is being a coach and mentor to the rest of your team, developing and keeping them engaged.
- Acknowledge, welcome and assist customers in all areas
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Collaborate and work as part of the larger casino supervisory team
- Compliance with the Gambling Act, licensing objectives, codes of practice, AML and Safer Gambling regulations.
- Ensures that financial transaction thresholds are adhered to by all members in the team and where appropriate exceptions escalated to the Duty/Gaming manager.
- Is accountable for the protection of all company assets assigned to his/her charge
- Follows security procedures and develops new processes in liaison with the gaming/casino managers to improve efficiency and keep assets secure
- In liaison with the gaming managers, train and develop a pool of cash desk breakers.
- Conducts regular appraisals and reviews for team members
- Reports to the Casino Manager (Hosting/Gaming)
- A history of accurate transactional work as a Cashier in order to act as a role model to other cashiers
- A strong understanding and familiarity with all legislation, codes and procedures relating to the cash desk inorder to act as a point of reference for cashier training and queries and to conduct cash desk competency interviews
- A thorough understanding of the cash desk computer system
- A current PFL licence issued by the Gambling Commission
- Must be able to work shifts at any time of the day, including weekends and bank holidays.
50% Food and Beverage discount