Operations Manager Hosting
- 9 Grand Jct Rd, Brighton BN1 1PP, UK
Pier Nine is Brighton’s new 24/7 leisure, entertainment and gaming destination you and your friends can make your own. Bringing a sense of style and sociability without the membership fees, this new kind of third place is entirely inclusive and proud to be rooted in Brighton’s community. Pier Nine offers three floors of bars and eateries, a classic casino, retro and digital gaming, all housed in a former Art Deco cinema with stunning views of the seafront.
Meet. Play. Game. Eat. Drink. Watch. Share. Work. Chill
Our Venues are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
At Grosvenor we are a 24/7 operation committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
To support the General Manager in the delivery of an efficient operation of the venue, working together and embracing change in the constant pursuit of better.
To be responsible for the overall hosting operation which includes managing Food and Beverage, Reception, Maintenance, Car Jockey, Slots, Electronic Roulette and Competitive Socialising (pool tables, shuffleboards, e darts, karaoke) and customer experience as well as standards within the venue.
Direct reports include Food and Beverage Manager and 2 Hosting Managers.
To lead and role model the company STARS values in everything you do
- In line with company procedures, take accountability for the smooth running of each casino shift and take decisions in the absence of the GM.
- Carrying out effective daily management of all the aspects of the casino gaming operation
- Promoting and role modelling the STARS values in the daily execution of the OM role.
- Maximising the club’s profitability, by managing effective and efficient hosting operations whilst maintaining the security of the premises at all times.
- Providing daily communication to each department ensuring they are informed and empowered to meet the needs of the club on a day to day basis.
- Upholding the company’s commitment to the protection of young and vulnerable people, in accordance with the company’s responsible gambling policy and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all other regulatory and legislative requirements including Ranks internal policies.
· Be available to assist and support other Grosvenor casinos as requested by the Regional Operations Managers.
· To lead and build a professional, competent and engaged hosting team within the club.
· Accountable for the resource planning, recruitment, selection and induction of new hosting team members
· Accountable for the effective training, development and motivation of the hosting team
· Encourage a training, coaching and feedback culture within club and specifically the hosting team, creating development pathways to aid internal succession and Team engagement
· Instill and continuous improvement culture throughout the hosting team, empowering them to achieve their targets in their respective areas of responsibility.
· Management of the annual appraisal review process, ensuring it is conducted appropriately, all training needs are established and development plans created
· Promoting equality and fairness in the application of people management practices, including sickness and absence guidelines, performance management and all aspects of the investigation and disciplinary processes
· Responsible for the regular communication of club performance and new events to the hosting team.
· Providing them with the right skills and knowledge to deliver a great customer experience.
· Responsible for regular performance management reviews within the hosting team; coaching the team for higher levels of knowledge and skills.
· Responsible for efficiently managing rotas and hosting coverage for the team members, and subsequent labour cost targets
- Encourage customer engagement with E Gaming and the Grosvenor on line offer
· Ensure the delivery of the Grosvenor customer and guest welcome and experience throughout the club, optimising customer gaming engagement and dwell times within the club.
· To develop and attract customers into the club for special events and experiences. Working with marketing plans to encourage new customers and parties to use the bar and restaurant areas as well as the gaming floor
· To communicate to the hosting team the Grosvenor customer service standards within the club; ensuring responsible gaming and due consideration for the UK Gaming Licensing regulations.
- Upholding the customer service standards for the gaming team, identifying customer needs and acting on customer satisfaction feedback to ensure appropriate service provision to a range of customer expectations.
· Positively supporting and inputting into company and locally led promotional and marketing activity
· Identifying and acting upon locally generated marketing opportunities to drive profitable admissions
· Supporting the regional VIP manager to carry out the duties of their role
- Being knowledgeable on all aspects of the online offering across all distribution channels (to include but not exclusive to: sign up offers, registration and deposit process, navigation, game content and account features).
- Working with the GM and team to achieve the online cross-sell target and be responsible for ensuring the club hits the Game Card target.
· Responsible for the analysis of electronic gaming machine data, to maintain an efficient and profitable operation.
· Continually reviewing how to improve occupancy, margins and availability of all hosting and e-gaming products whilst taking timely and appropriate steps to address underperformance in all areas.
- Consulting on a regular basis, in conjunction with the GM, the Head of Table Electronic Gaming [where required] with regard to performance of the area, introduction of new initiatives and anything that may differ from the national format.
· Ensuring that the team is focused on welcoming new customers and coaching them on the use of the electronic products to improve the customer experience and staking on all products.
· Accountable for the services offered in club in respect of the Restaurant, and food quality offerings. Managing all activities associated with the bar and drinks service offered.
· Accountable for delivering the business targets and profitability set by the General Manager for the Food and Beverage departments in the club.
· Responsible for the Food safety standards within the club
· To support the Gaming team in their objectives, by providing a high level of service
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role).
· Knowledge and experience of the UK gaming business in regards to legislation and regulatory standards of operation.
· To be able to demonstrate previous success in dealing with customers in a frontline service business.
· The skill and knowledge to manage a busy multi -functional gaming offer.
· To hold a current PML license
· Proven record and ability to lead a team of people and communicate the standards and targets expected
· Have clear evidence of demonstrating the Company values and correct behaviours.
- As an individual and leader within the business, values and personally demonstrates a culture that supports and encourages Diversity & Inclusion.
- Demonstrate the capability to successfully manage the club / casino as required on the management rota
Key Performance indicators
- Team Engagement
- First Time Deposits
- Customer Experience
· Food Safety
- On-site parking
- Discounted/free food
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £34,000.00 /year
- PML license holder experienced in delivering excellent customer service in hosting activities, reception, F&B etc.
50% Food and Beverage Discount
Rank Group discounts