Card Room Supervisor
- Ormrod St, Bolton BL3, UK
Grosvenor is the leading Casino operator in the UK and our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.
Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that’s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.
At Grosvenor we are a 24/7 operation committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team.
Leading your team of dealers in a way to create a successful card room is a big ask! Using your skills and experience to entertain guests, keep your team engaged and remain commercially focused, you’ll be challenged daily.
You’ll need to know the rules and provide a professionally dealt game of poker, be efficient and precise, but the trick is doing all of this with style in a way that makes for a memorable guest experience.
As a card room supervisor you will have autonomy with a supported structure to deliver the best poker games through great service, well developed team and the ability to make the most of opportunities as they arise.
- Welcome customers warmly in to the business
- Live our values of Service, Teamwork, Ambition, Responsibility and Solutions
- Lead your team to provide efficient and dynamic service
- Support the Management Team with new initiatives, budget control and positively driving the business forward.
- Coach and train team members to the highest standard
- Deliver an excellent quality experience by evaluating individual needs and acting upon this information
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and card room supervisor
- Create an environment of community and fun
- Develop the poker community via social media, promotions and marketing
- Maintain the security of the game, cash and assets
- Ensure you proactively comply with all regulation, particularly for licensing conditions, and safer gambling
- Positive attitude
- Experience of working successfully in a hospitality role
- (Preferred) Previous experience working as a poker dealer/supervisor
- Extensive knowledge of games operated in the poker room
- Fanatical about delivering unrivalled customer experience
- Ability to collaborate with the wider business
- Sound communication skills
- Comfortable with change and ability to embrace new ways of working
- Good interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Experience of working within high pressure environments
- Experience and confidence to deliver training and coaching
- (Preferred) Relevant NVQ