Human Resource Officer
- Lekki, Lagos. Other outlets as required (Alausa, Surulere, Ikotun and Ikorodu), Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are a profitable player in the QSR sector of the Hospitality industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of over 1000 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us to build a brand that is passionate about delivering excellent services to our customers. So, if you’ve got consulting experience in the manufacturing/production sector(s), passionate about reviewing and improving business processes and developing systems and people, and looking for exciting opportunities for self and career growth; YOU are the TALENT we are looking for!
About the Role
The Place has chosen the following concepts to play in, within the nightlife space:
- Outdoor Bar (Sit-outs);
- Lounge and
- Hybrid in select locations.
You are to coordinate, direct and supervise all the activities of human resources functions for The Place Nightlife business and Hotels, which include but not limited to recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee engagement.
- Responsible for executing and supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide support in the various human resource functions, which includes recruitment, onboarding, contract administration staffing, learning and development, performance mentoring and employee counseling.
- Maintain, keep and update staff records for future reference according to policy using HR Software’s.
- Assist in managing various HR projects in line with the company strategy and objectives.
- Oversee the health and safety of all employees
- Ensure meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
- Support the performance review process; provide employees and managers with information about the process, policies, job duties, and process for promotion.
- Responsible for a new hire, termination, and change of status forms with payroll. Serve as employee liaison to assist in problem resolution with issues related to benefit deductions and pay.
- Conduct research on uniforms as well as globally acceptable practices in line with the nightlife industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management, and other similar degrees.
Required Skills & Experience (length & type)
- · 3 years of previous work experience as a HR generalist
- · Keen attention to details and strong sense of confidentiality
- · Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- · General knowledge of the principles and practices of HR administration;
- · Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines
- · Competency in MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- · Demonstrates good judgment
- · Approachable and professional
- · Solid problem-solving skills
- · Ability to handle multiple tasks
- · Well organized.
- · MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT NIGHT WHEN REQUIRED
Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae not later than 2Weeks to the date of this publication.