Associate Director, Retail Intelligence Commercial
- Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
- Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time
NielsenIQ is building a talent pipeline to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we'll follow-up with an exploratory conversation.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Utilize your strong analytical skills to lead all commercial aspects for an assigned group of clients, with the objective of improving client satisfaction, growing the existing clientele base as well as identify new business so as to achieve planned financial objectives and other operational performance indicators.
- Identify areas of business opportunity and growth for the RI Business Unit
- Maintain and further foster relationships with current clients
- Develop plans to cross-sell and introduce new services to current clients
- Conduct thorough business development processes to identify incremental opportunities from new clients
- Where required, input into NielsenIQ Business Identity – reviewing and developing sales materials: developing of NielsenIQ capabilities decks, and preparing new product launches/campaign flyers.
Analysis & Client Servicing
- Implement Joint Business Plans (JBPs) that will contribute to maximum client satisfaction and ensure continued profitable and business growth
- Foster relationships at all levels and functions of the client organization to identify new revenue opportunities
- Provide product solutions to client business issues/opportunities by developing initiatives for each client
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis, prepare charts and short presentations that contain compelling sell stories to support new business opportunities
- Present Thought Leadership materials to clients within assigned portfolio
- Ensure delivery of proposals, reports, or presentations meet aligned client expectations
- Ensure adherence to the company policies on business conduct/ethics when servicing clients
- Contributing to Product Enhancement development together with business leaders
- Identify the client needs: situation/competitor assessment, need assessment, potential solutions
- Participating in the creation of the PE plan & timeline: communicating the voice of the client
- Develop the pricing proposal & commercial approach with the RI Leader
- Support the proper communication of the new product and its benefits with clients
- Achieve revenue, profitability, quality, speed of delivery, and productivity targets as well as other related business development objectives as assigned
- Ensure local business strategies are implemented according to regional / sub-regional directions in order to meet the financial and business objectives of the division
- Monitor the actual financial performance against budget/forecast and ensure the implementation of appropriate actions that will lead to the achievement of the financial targets
- Ensure proper pricing and contracts are completed and approved according to company policy and guidelines
- Accountable for compensation/penalties discussions with clients
- When required, support our A/R teams with cash collection from assigned clients
- Utilize the Performance and Development Plan to communicate and assess performance objectives, competency lists, and development plans for direct reports
- Establish high-performance standards hold associates firmly accountable for meeting those standards
- Provide support, recognition & feedback to assist employees to achieve their performance
- Establish a strong team environment focused on exceeding internal/external client requirements
- Contribute to driving world-class employee satisfaction through the implementation of relevant organizational initiatives that build on employee commitment
Organizational Management and Development
- Participate in local and cluster initiatives as part of continuing leadership development
- Work across functional business units to support organizational initiatives and business needs
- Promote inter-departmental and inter-divisional communications and teamwork
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market. An analytical-minded commercial leader, who is just as comfortable with analyzing data & presenting insights as well as building and executing a sales strategy and plan. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional analytical and commercial skills as well as very strong client relationship and negotiation skills. A proven people leader, who is passionate about developing and growing talent, who has a track record of building morale and high team engagement. You are a team player who has the ability to collaborate with peers and contribute to the success of NielsenIQ Malaysia.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum 7 to 8 years of working experience in FMCG (retailer/marketing/sales) or research-related industry experience (insights/category/shopper/agency
- Proven expert knowledge of the market research industry
- Strong commercial acumen with significant B2B sales experience
- Demonstrate numerical confidence and the ability to translate numbers into insights and recommendations;
- Be able to analyze data and summarise it into a story
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Google Tools
- Fluent in English written and verbal communication skills.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.