Associate Client Manager
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
- Travel: No
ASSOCIATE CLIENT MANAGER - CHICAGO/REMOTE
The North American Commercial team leads and manages all of Nielsen's relationships with consumer-focused manufacturers and retailers. The team includes over 1,600 professionals in the United States and Canada and coordinates all relationships for several hundred clients.
The Retail Associate Client Manager position focuses on developing an understanding of their clients’ business needs and challenges, and providing core analytical support, report-based activities trusted consultation, and problem-solving to support their clients’ growth. Associate Client Managers play a significant role in driving change with strategic insights and measurable impact at each client. At Nielsen, Associate Client Managers are known as trusted partners to their clients and industry experts to their colleagues.
ABOUT THIS JOB
As an Associate Client Manager, you will perform essential tasks needed to support Nielsen’s client base, working directly with retail clients and Nielsen’s internal business units to drive client value. You will develop a partnership with your clients, and help them to make data-driven business decisions. You will embrace new tools and technology to increase the speed, efficiency, and accuracy of our insights.
- Partner with clients to identify strategic priorities and align on projects that will drive business impact and maximum client value.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships with adaptability, urgency, and positivity.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the highest value to our clients.
- Be accountable for identifying opportunities to collaborate across Nielsen teams and drive sales with clients.
- Develop expertise and ability to advise industry leading clients on marketing plans and industry trends, participating in client discussions and presentations as applicable.
- Provide support to Nielsen client teams by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions, training, and providing analysis.
- Be proactive and seek opportunities to apply market and industry knowledge to conduct advanced issue-based analyses with clear proactive insights and action-oriented recommendations.
- Leverage Nielsen solutions including but not limited to Point of Sale & Panel data, Spectra, TDLinx, and Google Workspace Suite to develop insights that drive client outcomes.
- Expertise in database management and able to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders in order to identify and advise our clients on solutions for their business.
- Seek collaborative opportunities, both internally and externally, identifying occasions to enhance a project by working across teams at Nielsen.
- Identify potential revenue opportunities and risks with your assigned clients and lead internal teams to drive sales.
- Build strong partnerships with clients and internal stakeholders, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to your clients and colleagues.
- Utilize existing and develop new reports and templates for your clients, and share best in class examples throughout the Nielsen organization.
- Master propriety Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help solve your client’s most pressing business questions.
- Simplify data into a compelling story that will be presented to clients and used by industry leaders to set strategy.
- Be the voice of the consumer by keeping our clients at the forefront of industry trends.
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’re the first to recognize an opportunity, then turn it into a client solution. You are flexible and easily adapt to a dynamic work environment. You manage relationships and expectations as well as you manage projects, and your experience speaks for itself.
You confidently manage data, and you care about the people behind every number. You constantly seek to learn new things and lean into new capabilities. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work--whether you got your start in sales or consulting, analytics or consumer goods. You are creative in leveraging existing data sources to answer tough client questions. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
- Develop cross-functional management skills across Nielsen Business Units.
- Master Nielsen processes, including our cooperation strategy and value proposition to new retailers.
- Build internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Develop client relationship management skills with the potential to lead Nielsen-Client partnerships in the future.
- Develop coaching and people management skills in preparation for future roles.
- 3 years of experience with demonstrated expertise in syndicated data analysis in the CPG and Retail industries and application to client-related business issues.
- Experience in collaborating on projects, and maintaining positive client relationships in complex situations.
- Proven experience successfully meeting sales revenues and targets.
- Strong analytical aptitude and proficiency in a range of software and digital tech.
- Polished, persuasive communication skills with experience in presentations and proposal writing.
- Consumer Packaged Goods or Retail industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or GSuite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and BI Tools (Microstrategy, Power Bi,Tableau.)
- Demonstrated ability to apply new technologies to business solutions.
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships, and identifying gaps in logic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage projects independently.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Previous experience with Nielsen data or tools is a plus.
Bachelor's Degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.