- Lagos, Nigeria
- Career Site Team: Human Resources
- Travel: No
HR Business Partner - Lagos, Nigeria
ABOUT THIS JOB
This role is responsible for providing operational support to the People Development & Operations team, being the key resource for HR within Nigeria.
RESPONSIBILITIES TALENT ACQUISITION & DEVELOPMENT
● Supporting talent sourcing & coordinating with the regional Recruitment Hub;
● Ensuring internal processes are completed for all hiring requirements;
● Provide support in screening applications in line with Hiring Manager specifications;
● Develop profiles for all candidates shortlisted for first round of interviews;
● Share profiles with HR Lead for review and discussion with line managers;
● Coordinating interviews for shortlisted candidates, including selection criteria, assessments, etc.
● Maintaining Talent data, including hiring stats, successful candidates, performance in selection process, etc.
● Coordinating with the recruitment hub on communications with candidates;
● Provide support for various Talent Engagement and Development Activities throughout the year.
ONBOARDING & OFFBOARDING
● Ensuring SAP and physical requirements for new hires are prepared ahead of start date; ● Liaising with different line managers to schedule and develop onboarding plans for new hires;
● Orienting new hires with Nielsen systems, processes and administrative facilities;
● Ensuring employees exiting have completed relevant documentation.
● Ensuring timely execution of HR projects with particular attention to detail and ensuring high quality deliverables.
●Liasing with the HR team to understand the requirements and expectations for various HR projects
DATA & PAYROLL MANAGEMENT
● Ensuring HR policies, documents and files are well organized & easily accessible to the HR team;
● Drafting employee letters in line with relevant Comp & Ben changes & various employee requests;
● Coordinating with various service providers to ensure employee data is up to date;
● Maintaining relationships with various statutory bodies to maintain latest updates for employee benefits, employer requirements and applicable HR regulations;
● Updating employee payroll & supporting files (e.g. Leave, Benefits, etc.) monthly for review by HR Lead;
● Maintaining updated records of employee lists, including reconciling movements for various employee benefits including pension, medical aid, banks, regulatory bodies, insurance, etc.
CLIENT AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
● Meeting with key team members to keep teams engaged and understand critical people requirements on the ground.
● Scheduling and facilitating meetings for key employee updates as needed
● Support in collating data for performance reviews and ongoing performance requirements with HR Lead and various Team Leads.
● Provide feedback on gaps and outstanding submissions within the region.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Candidates with good stakeholder engagement competencies who are - experienced in HR operations and execution. If you are great at learning quickly and working across a diverse group of people best.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
● 2-3 years of experience ; HR Interns can also apply
● Bachelor’s degree in a business related field and /not less than four years’ experience HR generalist role
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com