Cyber Security Risk Specialist
- Oldsmar, FL, USA
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
- Travel: No
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Cyber Security Specialist will be a member of the Global Cyber Security department reporting to the Governance, Risk and Compliance team. This role will be conducting vendor security risk assessments to determine if vendors meet our cyber security standards or need to improve in certain areas. If a vendor needs improvements, remediation options will need to be defined and negotiated with the vendor. Similarly, this position will also complete risk assessments that clients may request of Nielsen. This will involve completion of cyber security assessment forms with a focus on fostering confidence in the Cyber Security program with our clients.
- Perform vendor security risk evaluations and scheduled re-assessments as defined by tier of vendor.
- Define mitigating controls or required remediation for vendors where there are identified weaknesses. Track and ensure remediation occurs.
- Escalate required Vendor risks to manager and ensure clear communication with requesters on the vendor risk score and processes.
- Engage in RFP, client assessment and pre-sales activities, and support the commercial team to provide information relevant to the cyber security program.
- Complete annual or periodic cybersecurity assessments received from clients. Liaison with appropriate product leadership, cybersecurity team members and other technology teams to validate technical responses.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Your critical and strategic thinking abilities will play an integral part in protecting Nielsen as a whole. Your ability to think outside the box will come in handy for complex investigations. Finally, your ability to handle difficult and challenging situations is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Minimum of 2 years of assessing technical controls and designing remediation solutions
- Working knowledge of NIST Cyber Security Framework or other similar industry standard frameworks.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and business judgment
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.