- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Marketing and Communications
- Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time
Are you passionate about transforming complex problems into simple solutions and compelling stories? Does the combination of creative and strategy make you tick?
About This Job
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our creative marketing team to help develop and implement the voice of Nielsen's new brand (to be known as NielsenIQ) across all media and marketing channels. She or he will be responsible for utilizing her/his creative writing skills and conceptual ability to transform complex business concepts into clear, on-brand stories that enhance Nielsen’s awareness for current and prospective clients. The Senior Copywriter will also be responsible for nurturing our associates’ writing style to align with the brand/marketing guidelines.
The Senior Copywriter will help us achieve milestones for Nielsen through the development of the brand voice across all media, and strengthening it by ensuring its consistency throughout our global company. This role will have a huge impact on the growth of our brand globally.
We are the undisputed leader in providing the best retail and consumer data platform in the FMCG category, and we enable better innovation to retailers and manufacturers to make bolder decisions. We are unwavering in our commitment to these ideas and passionate about helping clients achieve success. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
- Report directly to the Global Marketing Brand/Creative Director and develop a copy vision of Nielsen's brand across design, marketing, and product innovation.
- Partner with art directors, web developers, product marketers and event leads to oversee large-scale marketing initiatives from concept through execution
- Champion Nielsen’s brand voice, and educate the organization on how to do the same
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Manage multiple, fast-paced projects at once, with the ability to switch between them seamlessly
- Possess a keen attention to detail and timelines
- Mentor, coach and guide creatives and freelancers, as needed
A Little About You
You are a strategic thinker and creative leader with a passion for storytelling with a deep familiarity with creative copywriting across both digital and print. You excel at translating complex business concepts into simple, compelling content. You are an expert on current trends in marketing and advertising. You are able to clearly articulate the thinking behind your creative ideas and possess a confident and persuasive approach when presenting work. You are passionate about being the champion of our voice for our global company.
- 6+ years of experience in B2B and B2C copy development
- Extensive digital copywriting experience (banner ads, microsites, video, etc).
- Expert at multitasking and prioritizing
- Strong communication, simplification and collaboration skills
- Quick learner
- Experience in a global role and / or ability to work virtually with global teams preferred
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrixed team environment preferred
- BS/BA degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred