Reporting & Vendor Manager
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Analytics
- Travel: No
REPORTING & VENDOR MANAGER ROLE
The COVID-19 outbreak has certainly changed the way everyone lives and works, and we’re no exception. Our first priority is the health and safety of our associates and the communities we operate in. To keep us all as safe as possible, we’ve made some adjustments to our recruiting process. For the time being, interviews and assessments will be done virtually, and we’re set up for remote onboarding. We have regular video meetings, so you can feel like part of the team right from the start.
We’ll be back in our offices once it’s safe to return. In the meantime, you can join us from your home office knowing we have a solid, global infrastructure and remote work capabilities already in place.
On the Nielsen Team, you will work one-to-one with major clients and use Nielsen solutions to help answer questions such as finding the right assortment and guiding pricing strategies. Every day brings a new challenge when working in a fast-paced retail environment.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Responsible for further streamlining and evolving the current reporting & outsourcing strategy and ensuring appropriate processes and governance are in place to comply with the vendor outsourcing strategy. Defines implements and executes the vendor strategy and leads vendor management to ensure that vendors used are providing high-quality deliverables and leveraging Nielsen’s established tools and best practices.
The role is responsible for selecting and/or managing companies performing outsourced services on behalf of Nielsen’s Retail Intelligence team.
- Leads the creation of short term and long term vendor strategies and establishes an audit process to continually evaluate the value being provided by the vendors. Responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of the vendor strategy and audit process and procedures in close collaboration with internal teams. Audits contractual compliance solicits feedback from users and communicates scorecards to vendors.
- Manages data reporting and analyses produced by the vendor, holds them accountable for the quality of work and ensures that they have delivered based on the agreed-upon specifications. Must have strong analytical skills, understand scanner, consumer panel, and other data sets in order to assess the quality of insights provided to Nielsen client teams for assigned work. Ensures consistency of process and usage across reporting and deliverables, and champions best practices in data management. Translates complex reporting needs into clear specifications and liaises between client teams and off-shore partners. Also, leads vendor efforts to automate and create efficiencies throughout the reporting process.
- Determines training and knowledge gaps and holds vendors accountable for training their associates in accordance with Nielsen’s training requirements. Oversees coaching and development of offshore partners and ensures best practices are being followed and updated tools and datasets are being leveraged.
- Implements and communicates company policies and procedures for purchasing. Reviews purchase requests for completeness and compliance with company requirements. Negotiates with vendors and approves purchases of authorized amounts or size. Responsible for oversight of vendor capacity management and usage and for evaluating and approving requests for additional vendor support. Monitors the cost, schedule, and performance metrics of contracts.
- Responsible for forging strong collaborative relationships with internal key stakeholders and functions, external vendors, and potentially external clients.
- This is a key leadership role reinforcing vendor oversight throughout the organization. No direct reports; however, strong leadership and communication skills are critical for success as this position interacts with various levels of personnel throughout Nielsen and with contracting company staff.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
You confidently manage data. You constantly seek to learn new things and lean into new capabilities. Change excites you. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work--whether you got your start in sales or consulting analytics, or consumer goods. Now you’re ready for what’s next.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in vendor relations ( as Vendor Manager, Vendor Specialist, Vendor Relationship Analyst or related)
- Previous experience working at IT Industry or related is prefreed
- Minimum 3 years of people/vendor project management experience, preferably in a highly matrixed, multicultural global setting, requiring facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office G Suite.
- Experience with analytical and data visualization software programs such as Power BI or Microstrategy preferred.
- Experience in data and/or analytics industries a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Effective interpersonal skills and multicultural /intercultural awareness; able to negotiate and build consensus for plans and priorities and able to develop effective relationships through collaboration. Forges strong working relationships with all colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively predict and resolve complex problems, thinks strategically and tactically, generates solutions to complex problems, and builds consensus across the global organization. Able to generate insights and leverage learnings at the individual, team, and functional level.
- Advanced leadership skills; communicates and demonstrates vision and commitment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.