Senior Software Engineer
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
- Travel: No
Describe what makes your company great
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
Our Connect Technology teams are working on our new Connect platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Google Cloud. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. Right now our platform is based in Node JS, React, Apache, ReactJS, Jenkins, and Postgres running in the Google Cloud and their suite of tools, and we continue to adopt the best of breed in cloud-native, low-latency technologies. We value CI/CD in everything that we develop.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and develop reusable UI components that serve the needs of multiple applications
- Design and develop highly available, low latency, cloud-native applications
- Leverage multiple first- and third-party data sources and develop highly efficient data access RESTful APIs against data stored Relational and NoSQL databases
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- Experience designing and developing front-end UIs
- Familiarity integrating Restful APIs and an understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Sound SDLC skills, preferably with experience in an agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interface across cross-functional technology teams and the business
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.