- 95870 Bezons, France
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
- Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
ABOUT NIELSEN CONNECT:
Nielsen Connect empowers manufacturers and retailers to make bold decisions and transform their businesses with trusted data, solutions, and insights designed to drive progress. We collect and process billions of pieces of data every single day, transforming this raw information into cutting edge solutions powered by our unified platform - an open data ecosystem, built on Microsoft Azure. Our Connect platform is microservices-based, with all layers highly decoupled and focused, so we can move as quickly as technology evolves, and transform the consumer research industry in ways our clients have never seen before.
Think about the billions of purchases that consumers make every single day around the world. Imagine trying to make sense of the trillions of data points that represent these purchases. From a family doing online shopping for household essentials to a quick run to the supermarket, Nielsen is measuring the entire consumer path to purchase.
Nielsen is a multinational company working with the world’s largest brands across the world to inform them on where and how their best customers are shopping. The challenge is that this is a moving target and a complex problem. With the commerce landscape shifting constantly, only Nielsen has the span and caliber of data to make sense of what drives a consumer to make a purchase.
ABOUT THIS JOB
So where do you fit here? Nielsen technology projects, like our clients, span the globe and require managers that can connect the dots for the big-picture strategy. We are building out our Program Management organization to consist of highly motivated, analytical, and dynamic individuals to achieve our goals in Buy Technology.
As a Program Lead at Nielsen, you will be part of this organizational transformation as you drive and directly oversee the largest, most complex programs in buy technology. You will not only lead complex, high-visibility initiatives throughout the project lifecycle, but will also lead a team of program managers responsible for program execution. Your team’s projects will cut across time zones, clients, and technologies and it is your job to motivate, allocate work, manage execution, and communicate to senior stakeholders.
At Nielsen, we empower our Program Leads to drive results and change. If you thrive in high-energy environments and if you love the idea of working across every business function, you would be a great fit for our team!
- Facilitate cross-team prioritization between Stakeholders and Technology teams in order to create release plans and continue to manage throughout program lifecycle
- Allocate work to and provide coaching to a team of 3-5 program managers, responsible for execution of program deliverables and tracking of program health
- Manage project scope (documentation, change control, communication)
- Facilitate conversations to ensure Cross Functional Team Dependencies are planned, identifying gaps, and mitigating risks
- Track and communicate program objectives and progress to upper management and stakeholders (Program Status, Initiative level Jira Boards, and/or Kanban)
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrum meetings, execute release level retrospectives
- Track and ensure prompt resolution of issues; manage risk
- Execute production readiness (Sign-offs & Documentation)
- Ensure the execution of end-to-end software deployments across technical teams is driven by program team
- Use and drive Agile and SAFe methodologies
- Refresh and communicate agile team metrics to Technical Leads
- 10+ years in program and project management or similar role running large projects in operations, technology or engineering
- Practical experience with agile techniques and methodologies
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Proven ability to influence & gain buy-in at multiple levels, across divisions, functions and cultures
- Comfort working with senior-level management and virtual teams
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Strong bias toward action, flexible, resourceful, and able to operate effectively within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You are the glue of a happy, high-performing, cross-functional team
- Positive attitude, team player, self-starter; takes initiative, ability to work independently
- Preferred: data warehousing or data science experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or related field
- PMI Certification preferred