Brand Marketing Director - Met-RX®
- Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
- Shift: 1
The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Brand Director leads a team of direct reports, cross functional partners, and agency teams to inspire people to lead healthy and active lifestyles, and is responsible for developing the overall strategy and direction for assigned brands within our Sports and Active Nutrition portfolio. The Director takes a leadership role in the creation and execution of annual strategic and financial plans, promotional activity, creative storytelling, getting the most from Agency partners, new product development, packaging, pricing, business analysis and P&L management.
The Director can be based in either Ronkonkoma, NY (Long Island), or Florham Park, NJ.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead Brand strategy, including the development, setting and consistent execution of brand positioning, value proposition and communication for short as well as long term.
- Develop innovative brand strategies that drive sustained, profitable growth within the Sports Nutrition category; includes brand Communications strategy, Innovation, Shopper marketing, Media planning, Social/Digital marketing, PR.
- Train, empower and hold direct reports accountable across innovation, base business, packaging, shopper marketing and trade marketing pillars for the highest brand execution standards through ongoing coaching and development.
- Full P&L accountability.
- Integrating the key business drivers and brand strategy for revenue to contribution margin accountability on a category leading, high growth brand.
- Identify key growth strategies and propose execution plans, informed by data and consumer insight, to increase consumer penetration and consumption.
- Build strong relationships with the Sales organization to maximize programs impact and sales support initiatives; assess and build business solutions from a marketing perspective.
- Build brand equity and cultivate consumer passion and brand relevancy including all elements of packaging, event and influencer strategy, and media and communications strategy.
- Lead marketing/business analysis; including financial analysis, consumer/category insights, portfolio management, channel strategy, and competitive intelligence.
- Drive innovative new product developments and Platform strategy in a dynamic, growing category that moves at a rapid pace.
- Develop and lead promotions, creative development (Digital, OLV, linear TV, Radio), NPD, packaging, financial performance, demand/supply planning.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to optimize outcome and ensure consistency of brand initiatives.
- Get the best from internal cross functional teams and Agency partners.
- Develop and manage marketing budget to accomplish key strategic brand and business opportunities.
- 15+ years of experience in progressively responsible Brand leadership roles within CPG industry.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Strategic thinker with a strong attention for detail, able to learn on the fly and move from the big picture to the detail, and back.
- Action and solution oriented; problem solver.
- Superior organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Experienced and strong people manager, able to cultivate a high performing team environment with clear mission and expectations.
- Great collaborator, able to handle different personalities and working styles.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write, share, present ideas articulately and convincingly.
- Demonstrated ability to develop breakthrough Brand Plans and Strategy with a strong consumer and customer mindset.
- Passion for healthy and active lifestyle and winning as a Team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in fast-paced Private Equity environment.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.