Mgr., Customer Development
- Chicago, IL
- Shift: 1
Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Customer Development Manager will lead the functional management, leadership and execution of all sales related activities for Walgreens.
- Support the team with company and customers systems.
- Deliver target budget plan and new product distribution goals for the customer.
- Execute our brand and category growth strategy that align within the customer.
- Identify new opportunities for growth; develop and implement strategic sales plans in accordance with corporate goals.
- Maintain clear understanding of customer objectives, and liaise with leadership to develop operational plans to manage execution and measure results.
- Relationship management with Walgreens' cross-functional areas, corporate and divisions.
- Ongoing meetings and access to Merchandising leadership.
- Foster and grow existing and new relationships within Walgreens, gaining a deep understanding of current and potential future needs.
- Educate customers on our products, retail goals, and measurement of success.
- Deliver customer presentations that show innovation, shelf positioning, promotions, communicate pricing, etc.
- Manage daily business in partnership with customers, including UPC product/item setup, maintenance, logistics and inventory management.
- Sell-in new products and all promotions to Walgreens; ensure full-line distribution of products (new & existing items).
- Work with customer to implement retail initiatives and monitor retail standards.
- Ongoing contract management that focuses on strategic alignment and designed to strengthen both the customer and company market position.
- Work with assigned broker to ensure deduction management is within our assigned goals.
- Responsible for working with agencies to input trade investment within TIM system; system input, trade fund management, direct sales forecasting and projection activities for the company.
- Manage trade budget and monitor spending efficiency that focus on a strong return on investment (ROI).
- Monthly reporting, sales analytics and insights; understand go-to-market strategy and how to maximize sales efficiency.
- P&L management within respective account coverage.
- 5+ years of related sales experience required.
- P&L management and strong financial acumen.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; MBA a plus.
- Must be an articulate communicator who can quickly synthesize data.
- Demonstrated experience using syndicated data to determine customer needs and establish the most effective pricing and promotional activities that will increase sales and market share for the company and its customers is required.
- Knowledge regarding Project Management and experience with setting up and managing projects in a complex, fast-moving environment required.
- Strong relationship management skills with a track record of working with partners in building initiatives that deliver on goals required.
- Track record of strong cross-functional relationships within assigned accounts.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years of National Account sales experience preferred.
- Sales experience in the convenience, grocery, drug and/or mass retail channel(s) a plus.
- Experience selling into Walgreens strongly preferred.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods, inclusive of vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements and sports & active nutrition brands, is highly preferred.
- Minimal overnight travel required.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.