Catcher/General Help (I)
- Holbrook, NY
- Shift: 3
Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Catcher is responsible for packing at the end of the packaging line as well as helping in the cleaning and set-up of the line. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the packaging line runs productively following all Packaging Operations SOPs and cGMPs
- Completing appropriate paperwork
- Monitor product from the line for accuracy and ensure proper packing procedure is utilized for shipment
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- At least one year work experience in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
- Must have excellent manual dexterity
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work collaboratively with line runner and supervisor
- Must demonstrate initiative and desire to work in a dynamic work environment with multiple demands
- Light level of physical effort required for a variety of physical activities to include walking and standing at a workstation; ability to see letters and numbers on paper documents (near vision), ability to talk and hear persons contacted on the job, able to lift and carrying up 25 lbs. objects occasionally, able to bend occasionally, able to twist body occasionally, able to ascend and descend ladders; must be able to use hands and feet to move controls on machinery (controls include but not limited to buttons, knobs, pedal, and levers)
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.