Warehouse Associate (I)
- 6735 Inter-cal Way, Prescott, AZ
- Shift: 1
The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Warehouse Associate will perform a variety of tasks within the manufacturing facility as needed, with a primary focus in the warehouse department. This will include basic warehouse functions and material handling. Operates various equipment in warehouse and/or production areas. Colleagues are also responsible for routine checks on equipment, and visual quality checks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must operate various manufacturing/warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet jack, floor scrubber, etc.) in a mass/high volume production environment.
- Ability to read and follow operating and/or written procedures to conduct assigned tasks safely and within standard time.
- Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards.
- Fully trained and qualified in all operating instructions, SOP’s, JHA, and area specific technical instructions for assigned role
- Perform routine machine checks on material handling equipment as necessary.
- Perform warehouse transactions into inventory tracking software (AS400)
- Perform order picking and raw material kitting to support production and service needs
- Prepare raw material samples for analytical testing
- Conduct quality checks to ensure product meets dimensional and appearance requirements.
- Engage in daily shift meetings using 2 way communication to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through the use of visual management tools and standards; responsible for proper waste disposal.
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment. Follow escalation process, standard work, and assist team in “Why Why” Problem Solving Analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent experience required
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and speak English
- 1+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing or nutritional supplement in the food industry preferred
- Basic mathematical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Capable of performing basic computer and data entry using PC hardware/software
- Organized and Timely - Uses organization and good time management skills.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Communicates effectively with others using both oral and written communication skills.
- Be a Team Player - Consistently acts as a member of the team.
- Work independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities are outlined and delegated.
- Display a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Will work near and around moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to stand or walk for 8-10 hours. Our production environment does not contain sedentary work
- Must be able to see alpha/numbers on computer screen/ paper work
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- Must be able to pull, squat, kneel, stand, walk, climb and/or balance for 8 to 10 hours
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.