Mgr., Tech Svc (I)
- Bohemia, NY
- Shift: 1
Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is currently recruiting for a Manager, Technical Services supporting our Packaging Operations team. Reporting to the VP, Technical Services, the Technical Services Manager of Packaging provides leadership to the Tech Services team, with responsibilities for improving current products and processes, improving efficiencies, addressing packaging issues, seeking cost savings and maintaining networks of external partners. Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) is required. This is a great opportunity for Package Engineering Leaders looking for a supply chain based operations role.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recommend and implement organizational and procedural changes to deliver on bottom-line savings and top-line business growth.
- Leads value engineering projects related to packaging
- Improves material efficiency and develops performance specifications; also, harmonizes and simplify components/parts.
- Supervises activities to determine root cause analysis of problematic bulks and implement solutions.
- Provides resources to respond to day-to-day technical needs of packaging organization. Ensures the team complete fit and fill assessments, slat fits, hopper determinations and packaging flow.
- Understands commonly used supplier manufacturing processes including plastic molding, flexible materials and secondary carton / corrugate.
- Brings best practices to form and direct cross-functional teams to build accountability for results.
- Recognizes the need for constant evaluation and improvements to new and existing work procedures.
- Leads effort in optimizing packaging processes, and improving operational efficiencies.
- Seeks out and uses new tools, processes and procedures to add value to the company.
- Assesses competencies, strengths, and developmental needs of employees accurately.
- Acts on specific constructive feedback
- Provides appropriate guidance and coaching to direct reports on their work plan as well as career development.
- Fosters innovation by encouraging others to try new approaches and think and act creatively.
- Maintains a proficiency in technical knowledge/skills and is current with developments and trends in their area of expertise.
- Builds teamwork across the organization; Able to work with academic institutions, SME’s and other technology providers
- Drive and implement continuous improvement throughout the packaging organization.
- Establish and/or refine Packaging Engineering SOP’s for critical packaging processes.
- Displays intellectual curiosity, challenges the status quo, and looks beyond established practice to develop unique products that add value to the company
- Manages team workload through effective project management to ensure required deadlines are met
- Maintain knowledge of the developments and trends in packaging for possible applications with the company’s present and future products.
- Experienced with 7+ years packaging engineering activities within consumer goods and/or nutraceutical products.
- Proficient using scientific principles to develop or optimize packaging processes, including 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's required in Packaging Science, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree in Packaging Science or related Engineering field is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill of working on project teams to drive results in a fast paced environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt well to change and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Broad understanding of the fundamentals of Packaging Development.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with various levels of an organization.
- Sense of urgency to solve problems and complete tasks; looks beyond obvious and seeks input from multiple sources.
- Lean processing methods preferred.
- Ability and desire to cooperate, collaborate and partner with others.
- Demonstrates transparency, openness and integrity when working with others.
- Ability to generate new and valuable ideas and solutions to difficult problems with route cause analysis tools.
- Advanced PC skills: Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Specifications systems and ability to learn Oracle based programs.
- Strong data analysis and written and verbal reports.
- Successful track record in the evaluation of data and utilizing to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of packaging lines and secondary cartoning equipment.
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving abilities, excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well in multifunctional teams and in fostering a team approach to achieving project goals.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.