Customer Service Rep
- 2100 Smithtown Ave, Ronkonkoma, NY
- Shift: 1
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
This Customer Service Representative is as a key contact for Food, Drug & Mass Market accounts, the salesforce and the broker network. This is a cross-functional role dealing with multiple departments daily, including Warehouse, Distribution, Traffic, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Credit and Sales.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor orders from entry to receipt at the accounts location
- Order processing on specific accounts across various business channels
- Electronic Data Interface (EDI) and manual entry
- Monitor and address account specific issues upon receipt of order; independently problem solve pricing issues, product data errors and then coordinate with customer and/or sales to ensure order is processed accurately
- Monitor account specific order progress by reviewing daily open order report and various as400 screens
- Notify customer and/or sales on out of stock product and make decision on whether to hold the order for product or cut from the order
- Facilitate and ensure account specific orders are shipped complete and on time to meet accounts required ship to arrive dates
- Identify any carrier issues and work with traffic team to solve
- Notify customer and/or sales on carrier issues/delays
- Independently manage account specific weekly cut report
- Analyze report, notify sales of product cut and back in stock date.
- Upon sales & account specific request, provide order status, order tracking, product availability updates
- Track and identify account new item orders
- Collaborate with inventory and demand planning teams upon receipt of new item order to identify any accuracy issues and ensure order fulfillment.
- Daily communication with sales rep/account and internal teams throughout order fulfillment process
- Problem solve account specific product shortages/damages received with credit and traffic teams
- Maintain account specific profiles for updates and communicate to all related teams so that all are up to date and informed
- 3+ years of customer service experience required
- Consumer product and/or manufacturing customer service experience strongly preferred
- Data entry experience required
- Associate's Degree required; Bachelor's Degree a strong plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- as400 Experience a plus
- Customer Service oriented with a sense of urgency
- Adapt quickly, take initiative, and has the skill set to provide customer support to our customers and sales team in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Energetic, disciplined, organized, fast learner who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must have professional interpersonal skills, work ethic and character and be highly committed to delivering exceptional customer service
- Must have well developed planning, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Must have superior people skills with the ability to develop a positive working relationships with all operating divisions
- Works well within a team environment
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.