- Sparks, NV
- Shift: 1
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new Department Manager for our Sparks location. The Warehouse & Distribution Department Manager is a critical member of the Distribution Center's Leadership team. This role has overall responsibility for the performance of several teams across a particular department or shift; including safety, quality, productivity and customer service.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The development and tactical execution of the department’s strategy, annual goals and objectives that align to the Plant direction (OGSM – Objectives, Goals, Strategies, & Measures)
- Supports the developing, implementing and sustaining of Nature's Bounty’s High Performance Organization (HPO) culture through the use of Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings, effective KPI tracking and GEMBA walks; modeling our TIARA (Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, Respect and Agility) values.
- Accountable for all aspects of the department’s performance, processes and compliance to achieve expected targets in the areas of safety, quality, cost, productivity, scheduling, and customer service.
- Leads and develops the team through formal and informal coaching opportunities.
- Enables, participates and implements continuous improvement ideas through site focused improvement events.
- Operate the department in a highly productive, cost effective manner.
- Provides leadership and guidance to ensure high levels of quality, problem identification and resolution, productivity, and associate involvement and ownership.
- Leads and directs the team leaders in problem identification, defining/executing corrective actions where gaps are foreseen to correct the situation proactively and effectively.
- Identifies and reports unsafe conditions and behaviors, takes accountability addressing corrective actions, creates a safe, healthy and positive working environment for all associates working at this plant.
- Meeting customer delivery commitments on time, first time, every time.
- 4+ years of management experience in a fast-paced warehouse and distribution environment for a medium sized facility or a multi-departmental span of control within a much larger organization, reflecting responsibility for at least 15 to 40 associates
- Substantial technical background, evidenced by academic credentials and professional experience
- A degree in Business Management or a similar Supply Chain technical discipline is a plus
- PC skills that encompass Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.